Author Topic: Seperation distance issue for missile warheads  (Read 1352 times)

Offline plasticpanzers (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • p
Seperation distance issue for missile warheads
« on: April 25, 2016, 02:56:42 AM »
I have invented several multiple warhead missiles but whenever (in many games) I try to change the separation range to that of
the warhead missiles it always resets to 150,000 miles.   Does not matter if I have sensors on the mother bird or no matter what
range I try and use.  Always resets to the 150k.  Problem?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Seperation distance issue for missile warheads
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:09:04 AM »
I have invented several multiple warhead missiles but whenever (in many games) I try to change the separation range to that of
the warhead missiles it always resets to 150,000 miles.   Does not matter if I have sensors on the mother bird or no matter what
range I try and use.  Always resets to the 150k.  Problem?
You trying to change  missile that already exists or making a new one?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline plasticpanzers (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »
I create a warhead missile (size 1 or 2) with its own engine, warhead, and sensor then a carrier missile with an engine and sensor.
when i add the warhead missile (mine are called Fireants) and add 5 of them to the carrier missile then try and set the seperation
range it shows my change till i click create then when its researched (instant or my using research points) it has reset to the 150k
on the missile design page.   This over several games and several reinstalls.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:49 PM »
Ah, I see where you are confused. Are you by any chance using the dropdown on the design window to view this? If so, that is working as intended because that overlays the parts as a template, not as the design itself. A way you can see that your missile is working is to compare the stated range in that window to the "range + sub munition" in the technology overview window.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.