Author Topic: Survivors and crew pool  (Read 1759 times)

Offline ty55101 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
Survivors and crew pool
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
So I have been searching everywhere trying to find how to use rescued crewmen.  I finally found something on the wiki which left me with another question.  The wiki said:

When you rescue survivors from your own ships or those of other races, they remain within their crew groups while on board the rescue ship.  The ship window shows a list of the crews rescued (using ship name / race name) and how many in each crew.  Those from alien ships are shown as POWs.  If you decide that you don't want aliens taking up your precious life support (or your own crews that lost their ships), there is an "Eject Into Space" button.

The other option for POWs is to unload them at one of your colonies.  The total POWs for each alien race will be shown for each of your populations.  If you retake an alien population that has POWs of your race, they are added back into your crew pool.  You can also accidentally kill your own crewmen if they are held prisoner on a world that you bombard.
[/spoiler]

I then searched for crew pool and found this from Brian:

The pool of trained crew for your ships increases over time based on how many naval academies you have.   Each academy also produces 5 officers/year.   These officers are for all 4 types:  Naval, Ground, Scientists, and Administrators.   If you have changed the base crew grade (see race details left side) to something other than the starting 1 you will get fewer people added to the crew pool.   You can set the rating from 1 to 5, use that as the divisor on the number of crew per year you will receive.   Also changing the base grade will cut the pool you have in half.   Personally I wouldn't change the rating to start with.   You will probably have plenty of time to train your crews up and the reduction in the pool of trained people is just not worth it.   You can always change it later and probably have more total crew available for the higher training settings.
[/spoiler]

So now my question is: How do I view this crew pool and is there a way I can transfer unassigned crew to other planets?
More guns = more funs

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Survivors and crew pool
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 09:36:39 PM »
The pool of crew is visible in the Teams/Academy tab of the Economics window.

And they are automatically sent between worlds via invisible FTL shuttles and/or teleportation (its shared empire wide and can be drawn from and added to from anywhere).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The following users thanked this post: ty55101

Offline Herodotus4

• Chief Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »
Quote from: 83athom link=topic=8696. msg91905#msg91905 date=1464748599
The pool of crew is visible in the Teams/Academy tab of the Economics window.

And they are automatically sent between worlds via invisible FTL shuttles and/or teleportation (its shared empire wide and can be drawn from and added to from anywhere).

In that case, is there a way to kick crew off of a ship? Sometimes my geosurvey ships have 180 of 160 crew, and I keep getting overcrowding penalties.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:34:56 AM »
Sounds like a class design issue, have you altered the design using space master?
Open the design up in space master and add more crew quarters for the 180 crew, then open each ship of that class in the individual ship window, this will refresh the ship to being the same as the new design.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Herodotus4

• Chief Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:45:10 PM »
Quote from: MarcAFK link=topic=8696. msg91915#msg91915 date=1464759296
Sounds like a class design issue, have you altered the design using space master?
Open the design up in space master and add more crew quarters for the 180 crew, then open each ship of that class in the individual ship window, this will refresh the ship to being the same as the new design.
But it does not stsrt out that way, it starts with 160 and then slowly builds.  Then when I build a new one it starts at 160 as well.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »
Are you sure it's not morale failures from long deployment time?
Could you post the design for that class in the class design screen, then post the design on one of the ships that has the error.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Herodotus4

• Chief Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »
Are you sure it's not morale failures from long deployment time?
Could you post the design for that class in the class design screen, then post the design on one of the ships that has the error.
Sorry, I can not for a couple of reasons. The computer I use for aurora is ancient and has no antivirus and because I do not know how to run multiple saves at the same time. This was one of the reasons I restarted, also because I deleted my only long ramge military ships and when I replaced them they bugged out and tried to overhaul 1/2 way between mars and jupiter.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
Sounds like you were experimenting with SM mode and something got funky.