Author Topic: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 43248 times)

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
Re: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:56 PM »
one of my lecturers at university had the line  a kill-o-meter is a device that measures how many people you've killed

but he was a Scottish Engineer

so he may very well have built one of those

the only one that really drives me up the wall is check for cheque,  it usually takes me at least three huh? moments before I realise they aren't talking about a shirt design
See, cheque annoys me. Why use que when ck does just fine, as for shirt designs they are checkered so no confusion there.

As for "Freedom Fries" that was something that was widely reported but what was forgotten was it only applied to the White House kitchen and the Congressional cafeteria and it was in protest because the French weren't willing to join the "Coalition of the Willing" which has a ton of irony in there.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
I think there might be a slight problem with npr carriers at the moment. I get the error 438, then the error 91 4 times, then the error 92, then repeat forever without end (literally).
As a side note, the increment before, SM tells me increment was shortened due to potential missile interception and sub-pulse due to fleet interception.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:31:59 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 10:43:10 PM »
See, cheque annoys me. Why use que when ck does just fine, as for shirt designs they are checkered so no confusion there.

As for "Freedom Fries" that was something that was widely reported but what was forgotten was it only applied to the White House kitchen and the Congressional cafeteria and it was in protest because the French weren't willing to join the "Coalition of the Willing" which has a ton of irony in there.

again,  French
and in the rest of the English speaking world, a check shirt is a thing

same root as exchequer which is the UK equivalent to your (and our) treasury

I will now leave the derail I started, sorry
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:47:29 PM by boggo2300 »
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 11:11:51 PM »

Error in WormholeMoves
Error 3265 gnerated by DAO.fields
Item not found in this collection.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2015, 06:49:36 AM »
Did you try deleting all of the player races first?  (See discussion of this issue up-thread.)

John
Damn, how did I miss that? Yeah, it worked after I deleted all but one of the races.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 07:24:44 AM »
It won't be that as I just changed the name of a single asteroid. Somehow it looks like all the system bodies got 'randomised' to a single bearing. Very odd.
I just came across a post from earlier this year in AcidWeb's portable release which mentions the same bug.
I get weird issues when I use this, like all of the asteroids in Sol bunching up together in a straight line from the sun outwards and then rotating and other absolutely bizarre things, like actual ion drive tech designs appearing as researchable in an initial conventional start.   None of these things happen with the regular Aurora installation.
I remember seeing this in one of my games or reading about it in a post.  Vaguely recall it had something to do with one of the setting for asteroid motion.

Now that I think of it, it might have been in a bug report a couple of years ago and Steve fixed the issue.  Not sure - I think it was a couple of years ago.

Are you sure you're installing the current version and not an old one?

John
So I guess it's not a new thing, perhaps system generation got screwed up somehow? I just had a failed system gen which crashed, then when I loaded the game everything seemed fine except every body in sol was numbered. planets, moons, asteroids etc.
The crash was probably because I accidentally put 30 billion into the starting population.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
Minor Typ0!

Just noticed the description for Particle Beams

Beam Strength 2     Rate of Fire: 10 seconds     Maximum Range: 60 000 km
Launcher Size: 5 HS    Launcher HTK: 2
Power Requirement: 5    Power Recharge per 5 Secs: 3
Cost: 16    Crew: 15
Materials Required: 3.2x Duranium  3.2x Boronide  9.6x Corundium

Development Cost for Project: 350RP

Doesn't seem right somehow.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:24:51 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Karlito

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2015, 03:09:39 AM »
Set up a Neutral Race on Earth, and they became hostile to my empire after a couple years of play. Looks like we didn't start out in diplomatic contact either. Somehow, none of the behavior seems intended, but maybe I made a mistake in the set up.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 02:35:39 PM »
I tried to create a new missile series:

Error in PopulateSeries
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2015, 02:03:38 AM »
This one has been in existence a while :-

In the Design Engine Pop-up , ticking the box re show size in tons ( instead of HS ) has no effect , the narrative remains showing the size in HS.

DavidR

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2015, 05:39:25 AM »
This one has been in existence a while :-

In the Design Engine Pop-up , ticking the box re show size in tons ( instead of HS ) has no effect , the narrative remains showing the size in HS.

DavidR

I think several Design Menus have that problem.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2015, 11:59:47 AM »
A ship does not return to its set speed after it encounters a nebula. Unless it was always like that and I'm just crazy.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2015, 12:01:52 PM »
A ship does not return to its set speed after it encounters a nebula. Unless it was always like that and I'm just crazy.

This happens in 6.4 as well.  Just yesterday I found one of my survey ships that wasn't moving at full speed because it had entered a nebula when exploring a new jump point.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »
I don't think this is new because I've been seeing it as long as I've been playing. I'm not 100% convinced it's even a bug. But here goes:

Sector command radius isn't enforced.

I've got a level-1 Sector Command at Earth.  Procyon system is three jumps away. On the galactic map, in the Main Information Display panel, I'm able to set the sector there to "Earth Sector" and I observe that the commander bonuses for mining (presumably others, but I only checked mining) apply.

Workaround is easy: Enforce the range yourself.

Is this in fact a bug? Or have I got the wrong idea about what the range of the sector command means?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
Well, I don't know what I did. All I did that I do know is close Aurora from the main bar without closing all the other windows. Now I get the following 380 error then the 3201 (infinitely) whenever I try to open Aurora, I cant even play anymore :'(. I'll try to retry it after a computer restart, but if that doesn't work I may have to uninstall then reinstall. Sadly, no, the restart didn't work. However this time I got a dialogue to see Aurora_Wrapper.log in the C drive, so I'll take a look at what that has for me.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:52:14 PM by 83athom »