Author Topic: Shipbuilding speed  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Shipbuilding speed
« on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:38 AM »
Hey folks-

I'm returning to Aurora after a year or so break, and I feel like ship building speed is significantly slower now.  I'm 12 years in, with
15% shipbuilding leader bonus, and I have researched the first increased shipbuilding rate tech.  I'm trying to build a 1000 BP destroyer, and if I pre-build all the components, it takes about 10 months.  If I don't, it takes a year and a half.  My big commercial ships often take more than two years to build. Am I missing something important? Was there a slowdown in build speed in some recent version? Or have I just forgotten the pace of things?

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Shipbuilding speed
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »
It's always felt that way for me. I mean, IRL it takes many years to build a ship. Space Ships are probably no different
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
About 2 years is pretty standard from what I remember, thankfully fighters build very fast and so I find myself making rather novel use of them for every conceivable purpose while waiting for more tonnage and slips.
But seriously, I've always pre built components for my most important or urgent vessels, well, I kinda forgot in my last game but no big deal.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Alfapiomega

• Lt. Commander
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:47:37 AM »
Hey folks-

I'm returning to Aurora after a year or so break, and I feel like ship building speed is significantly slower now.  I'm 12 years in, with
15% shipbuilding leader bonus, and I have researched the first increased shipbuilding rate tech.  I'm trying to build a 1000 BP destroyer, and if I pre-build all the components, it takes about 10 months.  If I don't, it takes a year and a half.  My big commercial ships often take more than two years to build. Am I missing something important? Was there a slowdown in build speed in some recent version? Or have I just forgotten the pace of things?

As others have said that seems pretty standard to me as well. Normal ships take some time to build so I always try to design them to fit. What bothers me is that sometimes a refit takes longer than building a new ship, that seems... weird. But OK.
"Everything is possible until you make a choice. "

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:52 AM »