Author Topic: Bug/Error 9  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Jonathan.Joestar (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Bug/Error 9
« on: December 30, 2016, 07:24:47 AM »
So i read the "Where I should post" and , So here is the image of the error hxxp: image.   noelshack.   com/fichiers/2016/52/1483103871-error-9.   png
I do not know if it has a relationship but I was playing on a laptop, I could no longer continue I back up the database and I put it on the Aurora on my desktop PC (on the laptop was the portable version of Aurora 7.   1, but on the PC I do not remember but same version, I uninstalled Aurora on my desktop PC to install instead the portable version with the same database without result.   I am in your hands ^^
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:55:55 AM by Jonathan.Joestar »

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bug/Error 9
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:09:25 PM »
Guys , if i can't fix my games , you can say it.   :-\

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:03:40 PM »
I'm still convinced it's a conditional order somewhere. If you upload your database file i'll take a look.
Click additional options under a new post reply to find the attach file button. The Database file is stevefire.db in the aurora folder, that's got all your savegames in it.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 04:49:04 AM »
It certainly looks like a conditional order to me. Strip all your ships of conditional orders.

If you are unfortunate it it may be an order belonging to an NPR ship, which is very difficult to fix, and requires the secret passwords at least.

The following users thanked this post: Jonathan.Joestar

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »
Well here i am sorry i was having an important test , so i tried to "attach" the database but that don't seems to work , i can upload it on like mediafire and send it to you . 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:34:40 PM by Jonathan.Joestar »

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »
Here is the link : hxxp: www. mediafire. com/file/fnft5ejfqqym45p/Stevefire%282%29. mdb

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 01:50:28 PM »
well I can see nothing immediately wrong with the game, I need some time to poke around.
Edit: Well the default order error seems to clear when I delete one of the NPR's, So it's definately a bug with an NPR task group. I'll try to track down exactly which task group it is. There's another error I got however. When I first select the game i get "error 6 in cbogame overflow", I've seen that before but I'm unsure what's causing it. Could be due to using your database in my game, theres problems with race images and stuff because of it too :p .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:07:31 PM by MarcAFK »
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:03:29 PM »
the error 6 was always in my game that's wasn't really a problem its appear only when i select my game or when i jump throught a unexplored JP ^^ so i'm in your hands and sorry for the disturbance and its probably that because that database was from another PC x) not from the PC i'm on now
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:06:27 AM by Jonathan.Joestar »

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:29 AM »
Sorry if I look impatient, but it's been 5 days . . .  so any news? I do not know if the correction of the problem requires time but if it takes too long, the suppression of the NPR causing the problem will arrange me well, I could always meet others . . .

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 04:07:43 PM »
Sorry about the wait, I've been busy and the NPR that appears to be causing the problem has hundreds of task groups to manually sort through XD.

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 04:33:05 PM »
Hey if your really don't want to check every task group , you can just delete it , they are many NPR left , that wait to be discovered and rekt by me x)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »
That's true, though I really want to work out what's actually causing the issue. The survey ships can't be doing it as they all have orders they're in the middle of, the colony ships could be as they're all just hanging around with full cargo not actually doing anything, though there is definitely a colony in range they can unload to, and the trade ships are just sitting around the home planet "Moving to trade location". It might be because the only colony that NPR could send it's colony ships to actually has too low a population. Or it's someting else. But I could just delete the poor guy XD.

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 04:51:59 PM »
Why just don't remove all the orders/conditional orders in all task groups ? the AI or NPR can  continue and create new orders. at least in most of 4x games...
EDIT : I actually find the designer mode password , Accidentally.... , after several hours of reflection I decided to do it, even if that does not work my last resort will be deleting the NPR , but before i tried anything i save the original database in 3 different locations if i have a problem and i'm gonna try to remove all default and conditionnal orders, they are frakking hundred ! but to play Aurora again , i need to do it , can't wait x)
EDIT 2 : So i tried... but don't want to work, so i just delete the NPR , It is disappointing but necessary
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:18:15 PM by Jonathan.Joestar »