Author Topic: diplomacy question  (Read 1505 times)

Offline vonduus (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
diplomacy question
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
I have some friends in my universe, a race that is called the Deviant Consciousness or something, and after 50 years of inspired diplomacy I persuaded them to ally with me. (In spite of me abusing them quite a bit early on, I killed one of their ships and pirated another one). They have no sciences I can benefit from, but they gave me a lot of survey data some time ago.

Anyway, is it safe to disband the diplomacy team that has made this happen?

Also, I haven't found their whereabouts yet. So I plan to send out some sensor ships to find them. What sensors are best for detecting the home worlds and bases of other races? And can I take it for granted, that if they lived in my surveyed worlds I would have found them with my survey ships? Both my geo and gravy survey ships have small thermal sensors, but no EM sensors.

Thanks.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: diplomacy question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
Diplomacy teams only improve relations. They are not necessary to change statuses.

Of course if you blow up one of their ships, you might want a team in place to explain how it was the vile rebels/pirates/evil aliens that are certainly not us your friends/etc.