Author Topic: Selected TG is not on same planet as Shipyard  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Traveler (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
Selected TG is not on same planet as Shipyard
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
I designed a Tug class.   When I tasked a shipyard on earth to build it I got the subject line warning.   I don't understand what I did wrong.

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
Re: Selected TG is not on same planet as Shipyard
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:17:03 PM »
What task group is the shipyard trying to put the ship into?
Is said task group somewhere else?

Offline Traveler (OP)

• T
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »
I designed a tug and renamed the class as Trojan.  I refitted a ship yard to build this class and assign it to the TG Shipyard.  Somehow the shipyard thinks it is building the class TG Trojan instead of Trojan.  I don't have any class called TG Trojan.

So far ship design and building has been the hardest aspect to get to grips with. :)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 11:22:41 AM »
I designed a tug and renamed the class as Trojan.  I refitted a ship yard to build this class and assign it to the TG Shipyard.  Somehow the shipyard thinks it is building the class TG Trojan instead of Trojan.  I don't have any class called TG Trojan.

So far ship design and building has been the hardest aspect to get to grips with. :)

TG is the hull designation for Tug. So this is a class of Tug class Trojan. If you had a battleship class for example called Revenge it would be the BB Revenge class.

Steve

Offline Traveler (OP)

• T
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:21:31 PM »
DOH!  Thanks Steve.

It now appears that a tug is being built at shipyard 4.  But it is showing up under shipyard tasks, not under manage shipyards.  Under Manage shipyards there are 0 slipways available and there is no activity being shown.  Is that because I had to retool the shipyard for the tug design?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
DOH!  Thanks Steve.

It now appears that a tug is being built at shipyard 4.  But it is showing up under shipyard tasks, not under manage shipyards.  Under Manage shipyards there are 0 slipways available and there is no activity being shown.  Is that because I had to retool the shipyard for the tug design?

Shipyard Tasks shows the ships that are actually being built at the moment.

Manage Shipyards is where you get an overview of the shipyards themselves. You can expand their capacity, add new slipways or retool for new classes. Available slipways is the number of ships you can currently start building in the shipyard. So if the shipyard has one slipway and you are already building one ship in that shipyard, then available slipways will be zero. You can work on the shipyard (in terms of adding capacity, etc.) while it is building ships.

Steve