Author Topic: Automate cargo fleets like the civilan sector?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline shock (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Automate cargo fleets like the civilan sector?
« on: January 05, 2016, 07:13:14 PM »
Is it possible to automate a cargo fleet to just take orders as if it was a civilian cargo ship?  As in to use the civilian contract supply/demand to move things around.   Only thing close i could find was picking up auto mines at populated planets and dropping them off at mining colony commands.   I assume the command would exist as its basically already built into the game

Or is it possible to to greatly increase the amount of cargo ships the civilian sector has?  Currently it would take hundreds of years for them to finish at the rate they move things.   I know you can subsidies but they still don't seem to build enough to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

PS, is there some way to toggle what messages pause the game?  Really dont care when the civilian sector builds a new ship and a few other messages

Thanks

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Automate cargo fleets like the civilan sector?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
To the first, not really. To the second, yes sort of. You can subsidize the shipping line giving them more money to buy ships with, but they randomly chose when and what they get. To the third, no.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »
I'm not sure if you're aware of this but you can loop or repeat your fleet orders.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:32:11 AM »
I
PS, is there some way to toggle what messages pause the game?  Really dont care when the civilian sector builds a new ship and a few other messages

Thanks

yes, use the [filter events] button on the bottom of the Event updates window.  Just double click on the offending items.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 05:51:52 AM »
That just filters what shows on the window, it doesn't effect interrupts.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:53:35 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "