Author Topic: Replacing Obsolete Fighters  (Read 1283 times)

Offline MagusXIX (OP)

• Lieutenant
Replacing Obsolete Fighters
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »
Spent about half an hour searching the forum/wiki and couldn't find anything that answers my question, so I figured I'd ask here.

What's the best way to replace obsolete fighters with newer designs?  I've currently got a PDC with some hangars full of old fighters, and recently upgraded them all with newer engines (leaped from Nuclear Thermal to Ion) and weapons.  However, I'm not seeing any sensible way to replace the existing fighters.  There's obviously no refit option, which sort of makes sense for fighters.  However, I'm not even seeing any way to dismantle them either.  Am I just blind?  I mean, I could go into the ships window and delete them all but I really hope that's not the way to do it.  Likewise, I could just launch them and delete them that way, or destroy them and leave salvageable wrecks.  Again, this seems silly.  Another option I've considered is building an entirely new PDC that's just hangars in order to house the older designs so I can fill my "real" PDCs with the newer fighters.  Again, seems odd.

Am I missing something here?  How do I replace obsolete fighters with newer ones?

Offline MagusXIX (OP)

• Lieutenant
Re: Replacing Obsolete Fighters
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:58:35 AM »
The Carrier Operations Tutorial that's stickied in The Academy is lovely, btw, but it doesn't answer this question (that I can tell.)  Maybe it should be updated once we figure out the answer?

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:05:44 AM »
One way to do it:

On your population and production window, go to the [industry] tab, [stockpiles] on the upper right.  then you can use the [scrap fighters] at the lower right.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
Yepp, they get treated like ammunition essentially. :)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy