Author Topic: Asteroid Mining Problem  (Read 3647 times)

Offline DeserereX (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
Asteroid Mining Problem
« on: November 15, 2015, 02:31:53 AM »
hi guys, first of all sorry if my post is incorrect or if i should had reply to another post but with the search butt all the posts i was able to find was 120 days or older. 
I need some help with the asteroid mining
I made this Ship
http: it.  tinypic.  com/r/2qnwl81/9
and i would like to send this ship to mine one asteroid that i have already survey with another ship. 
I tried to send this ship on Eunomia but on the order screen i am unable to find an order like "mine" or "start mining" or something else
this is the order screen
 http: it.  tinypic.  com/r/2eg7cw6/9
Did i miss something? I have intended correct the asteroid mining? Is my ship made with the correct design for this task or i have a wrong tipe of ship and so the game don't let me show the mine order?
Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:34:24 AM by DeserereX »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Asteroid Mining Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 02:42:35 AM »
There is no mining order, just leave the ship in orbit around the target and it will produce minerals. slowly however, one mining module will only produce at the rate of one mine.

Offline DeserereX (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 03:28:02 AM »
Quote from: Nathan_ link=topic=8044. msg82703#msg82703 date=1447576955
There is no mining order, just leave the ship in orbit around the target and it will produce minerals.  slowly however, one mining module will only produce at the rate of one mine.
thank you very much

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 04:46:30 AM »
Also, you have to declare your asteroid a colony before hand. Asteroid Miners deposit their resources on the local colony, not in their internal cargo bays.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 05:58:40 AM »
There is one more thing to mention, if you have a group of miners already present, don't send new ships to join that task group. You must send ships to the asteroid first , then tell them to join the task group, otherwise their mining rate won't be added to the total there.
The same applies for sorium harvesters, terraformers,  orbital habitats and maintenance vessels.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "