Author Topic: Wealth - Nuts and Bolts  (Read 1642 times)

Offline plugger (OP)

• Petty Officer
Wealth - Nuts and Bolts
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:23:26 AM »
Goodaye,

Attempting to wrap my head around Wealth and how it works. I've managed Research, Industry, Shipyards and Ships without problems but info is a little sketchy on Wealth.

So am I correct in assuming the following specifically regarding money going out the door and not in (found a good post on how that works)...

For anything that involves Build Points - Ships, Installations, Shipyards, Ordnance and Fighter production etc. the cost in Wealth is indentical to the cost in BP's.

There is a similiar relationship with Research Points but I 'm unsure what it is. 1 for 1?

Ground Units cost Wealth to maintain. How is this figured?

Maintenance Facilities appear to cost Wealth to operate as do Maintenance Supplies. What is the wealth cost here?

Oh, and could I second the gentleman that requested that your total current Wealth be displayed somewhere more prominently than the Vista-invisible window task bar (F2). Finding that was a challenge.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Plugger

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Wealth - Nuts and Bolts
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:22:31 AM »
Other than Research, everything costs one wealth 'point' per ton of Trans-Newtonian Elements it consumes.  Research costs . . . 1 wealth per RP I think.  I'd have to double check

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:40:37 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
Other than Research, everything costs one wealth 'point' per ton of Trans-Newtonian Elements it consumes.  Research costs . . . 1 wealth per RP I think.  I'd have to double check
Yes, 1 RP = 1 wealth

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »
In general, Steve has set things up so that all of the points are equal, e.g. if something costs 657 "production points", then it will cost a total of 657 tons of minerals and 657 wealth.

John

PS - Please post "new user questions" in The Academy - thanks!

Offline plugger (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »
Goodaye,

O.K, thanks.

PS - Please post "new user questions" in The Academy - thanks!

Fair enough. Given that I'm probably batting zero for correct forum postings I've disabled the shotgun and changed my medication.

Cheers,
Plugger