Author Topic: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 14211 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« on: August 15, 2022, 03:09:06 PM »
Please post potential bugs in this thread for v2.1.0

First, please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v2.1.0

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:48:23 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: StarshipCactus

Offline Jarhead0331

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
Re: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 03:40:44 PM »
When running the .exe file I get the following error...

"No image found for Flag: flag0539.jpg"

Then when I am in game, it appears to still be running version 2.0.3.

Thanks.

SJW: The flag is one I was using for the example game. Delete the game (after you create your own) and the error will vanish. I also forgot to update the version number
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 03:52:02 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 03:46:47 PM »
DSP Maintenance considerations

Less of a bug report more of a "please think about this"

Right now with Maintenance Modules present at a DSP you can maintain ships, and with sufficient Maintenance storage for a long time.

But if you want to resupply the MSP used you must join the fleet with a supply ship, empty the supplies then send it back for more.

Either:

1: Add a Hub module like for fuel allowing the transfer of supplies to the stationary fleet

2: Allow any fleet to accept MSP from a supply ship without the supply ship needing to join

3: Allow DSP to store MSP in a similar manner to minerals meaning MSP can be dropped at the DSP and used for Maintenance

4: Something else i haven't thought of :p

The following users thanked this post: Impassive

Offline replicant2699

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 03:53:02 PM »
For some reason Windows 10 thinks Aurora.exe is a virus and deletes it. I'm not using any external anti-virus software and have not encountered this kind of warning before.

Edit: I added it to exclusions and it works just fine. Leaving this reply to see if anyone else gets this warning.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 04:16:17 PM by replicant2699 »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »
After deleting the db and installing over Aurora 2.02 when starting up I received a popup "no image found for flag: flag0539.jpg".  The highest file number I have in the flags directory is flag0441.jpg

Edit: my apologies - this was already reported and answered. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:12:53 PM by bankshot »

Offline Jarhead0331

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 07:34:12 PM »
After deleting the db and installing over Aurora 2.02 when starting up I received a popup "no image found for flag: flag0539.jpg".  The highest file number I have in the flags directory is flag0441.jpg

Read above. Steve already explained this and a workaround.

The following users thanked this post: bankshot

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 11:28:53 PM »
For some reason Windows 10 thinks Aurora.exe is a virus and deletes it. I'm not using any external anti-virus software and have not encountered this kind of warning before.

Edit: I added it to exclusions and it works just fine. Leaving this reply to see if anyone else gets this warning.
I don't have it in exclusions and my Windows 10 isn't complaining.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 03:49:30 AM »
Mine neither, but between Smartscreen and UAC, Win7, 10, 11, theres a bit of potential for the security measures to bother you about a not signed executable.

(I sincerely hope noone is running XP anymore, W7 is bad enough and the in betweens dont count)

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 07:12:05 AM »
Hello,

When you press retire to remove an officer/admin or Scientist the Commanders Window switches to the retired and you need to close it or refresh it to go back to the screen you were in.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 08:44:11 AM »
A minor display error: When there are more naval ranks than ground commander ranks and you employ someone at the highest position like a Fleet Admiral, the rank initials displayed will be of the ground commander, not the naval commander.

Documented:
Off-Topic: show

When I add a 9th ground rank:

It will only ever corrupt the highest rank. If I have two ranks less in ground commanders, only the top rank will be displayed wrong, not the first two:

//Edit: As an add to this, the wrong rank initials are also displayed in the fleet menu.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:26:18 AM by Vandermeer »
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 01:20:15 PM »
A minor display error: When there are more naval ranks than ground commander ranks and you employ someone at the highest position like a Fleet Admiral, the rank initials displayed will be of the ground commander, not the naval commander.

Documented:
Off-Topic: show

When I add a 9th ground rank:

It will only ever corrupt the highest rank. If I have two ranks less in ground commanders, only the top rank will be displayed wrong, not the first two:

//Edit: As an add to this, the wrong rank initials are also displayed in the fleet menu.

Sounds like the 2.0-2.0.3 bug is still there. Steve, please also confer with the previous bug list for more details on this specific issue.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 03:09:16 PM »
Transient "Function #3409 Object reference..." error in a fresh game of 2.1.0.

It says 2.0.3 but I remember reading the number hasn't been changed and this is definitely 2.1.0.

The save was made after pressing OK and allowing the turn to complete, in case it helps.

The game played on after that with no further errors.

SJW: This is caused by a failure to transit an Aether Gate. I have found a logic flaw where a raider troop transport may be ordered to transit a gate that no longer exists, resulting in this error. I believe this is now fixed for the next version
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:19:00 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 05:39:26 AM »
I tried the DNR necromancy option which I recently read in the changes list.

https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg150564#msg150564

This was for a scientist Martha Cutshall recently retired a few construction periods before the attempt but it went nightmarishly wrong as follows.

Using DNR button worked but then using restore in SM mode produced a Function #425 object reference error (see screen 02).

I experimented with restoring military commanders with no problem.

I tried closing the commander window and reopening it but the option to restore for Martha Cutshall had disappeared though she was still in the 'Retired / Died' section (see screen 03). This did not happen with military commanders who returned to their place in the list on clicking restore. The restore option was still visible for scientist Rich Peru after cancelling DNR but not having tried to restore.

I made a save and that is attached below. I closed and reopened Aurora 2.1.0 loading that save and Martha had been restored.

I was then able to repeat the entire process with scientist Rich Peru who showed exactly the same errors on trying to restore but after save and reload was also restored. This did not happen with military commanders which suggests it is related to scientists and their data.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1. Also affecting administrators.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:04:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 08:04:02 AM »
OK this bug has been around for a long time bugging me but finally get around to reliably reproduce it

1. Open "Create Research Project" Window
2. Click "Missile Design" from the window
3. Adjust some settings in "Missile Design" Window
4. Adjust some settings in "Create Research Project" Window, i.e. changing some settings on current Active Sensor design
5. Click "Create" on "Missile Design" Window
6. Open "Economics" window and click "Research" Tab
7. The Missile design incorrectly appears in "Sensors and Control Systems" research.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:31:51 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 11:13:26 AM »
#1 Bug description:
Discovering a new system through a jump point produces a system called "System #XXX" where XXX are different numbers every time.

#2 Bug description:
I've changed the minimum comets for a system during game setup to "7". Now every new system has 7 comets, always.

- TN start - With a twist. I've created a new star system (everything was ok). Then I created a new race using Humans as spices for it. Then I deleted the original "Player race".
- Random Stars
- Beginning of the campaign

DB is attached.

SJW: System naming fixed for v2.1.1. Comets are working normally. Only about 6% of systems will have 8 or more comets, so the other 94% will all have 7 comets.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:16:25 AM by Steve Walmsley »