Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 271965 times)

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #810 on: July 09, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
Yeah I forgot about the difference between Squadron and Standard transit.... my fault. Thank you.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #811 on: July 11, 2020, 06:03:11 PM »
New Standing Order. Rescue closest Life pod.

It would save a lot of manual effort if a lot of ships have been blown up and you want to rescue all the survivors

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, skoormit

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Please add "repeat order by X amount"
« Reply #812 on: July 12, 2020, 05:23:10 AM »
This was in VB6 and is not in C# as I presume an oversight, you currently have to do multiplication to actually get the orders you want, this can be extremely annoying and forces me to instead just use civs for this to get precise quantities of stuff.

Would be great, I feel this should of been re added a while ago, thanks for reading steve if you are!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 05:46:39 AM by SpaceMarine »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #813 on: July 12, 2020, 05:43:57 AM »
1) Allow me to designate a current research project as the assignment of any new research labs. That way I don't get an interrupt for idle labs every time I build or import a lab.

Added and extended a little.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg138663#msg138663

The following users thanked this post: Marski, SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #814 on: July 12, 2020, 05:44:17 AM »
New Standing Order. Rescue closest Life pod.

It would save a lot of manual effort if a lot of ships have been blown up and you want to rescue all the survivors

Added for v1.12.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #815 on: July 12, 2020, 05:57:53 AM »
I need a condition for deployment exceeded so I can send them home when their deployment is over... i don't want to wait until their maintenance supply fall below a certain level. I build all of my survey ship from a specific deployment time and send them home for overhaul when that is over.

Added for v1.12

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg138666#msg138666

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #816 on: July 12, 2020, 06:07:35 AM »
Expand on the Carried Items screen, currently it shows Ordenance and Cargo, have it include Parasites

Added for v1.12

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Please add "repeat order by X amount"
« Reply #817 on: July 12, 2020, 06:22:46 AM »
This was in VB6 and is not in C# as I presume an oversight, you currently have to do multiplication to actually get the orders you want, this can be extremely annoying and forces me to instead just use civs for this to get precise quantities of stuff.

Would be great, I feel this should of been re added a while ago, thanks for reading steve if you are!

Added for v1.12

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg138669#msg138669

The following users thanked this post: Marski, SpikeTheHobbitMage, SpaceMarine

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #818 on: July 12, 2020, 06:44:37 AM »
Number of officer types graduated by military academy relatively to the number of ranks. I've added 3 additional ranks to the ground forces due to designing ground forces down to squad-level and even with all military academies having a ground force commander assigned to them, it is still too little to supply the required officers for three regiments of size 68,000~ each.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #819 on: July 12, 2020, 06:51:47 AM »
As Steve is rock and rolling today I am trying my luck as I am sure many others would love to see this happening sometime

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11597.msg135897#msg135897

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #820 on: July 12, 2020, 07:00:24 AM »
I need a condition for deployment exceeded so I can send them home when their deployment is over... i don't want to wait until their maintenance supply fall below a certain level. I build all of my survey ship from a specific deployment time and send them home for overhaul when that is over.

Added for v1.12

Thanks, this is really great... would it also be possible to make it so when a ship finish the overhaul during the conditional order it also try to resupply and refuel before it heads back out or at least a second overhaul conditional order that add those two. Otherwise you still will need to manually make sure that this happens... sure you can clear the order and you will get a notification of it, but this I think would be very appreciative by everyone and probably in your own games as well.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #821 on: July 12, 2020, 07:06:06 AM »

Added for v1.12

Thanks, this is really great... would it also be possible to make it so when a ship finish the overhaul during the conditional order it also try to resupply and refuel before it heads back out or at least a second overhaul conditional order that add those two. Otherwise you still will need to manually make sure that this happens... sure you can clear the order and you will get a notification of it, but this I think would be very appreciative by everyone and probably in your own games as well.  ;)

big +1

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #822 on: July 12, 2020, 07:19:12 AM »

Added for v1.12

I hadn't really understood the issue with resupply/refuel with overhauls because I always set the two orders together, but didn't want to force a refuel/resupply for those players who could be running with a shortage.

What I hadn't realised was that this was in connection to conditional overhaul orders, in which case the option for the preceding order isn't available. I've added a new conditional order on that basis.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg138675#msg138675

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, DIT_grue

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #823 on: July 12, 2020, 08:04:05 PM »
So I was talking with some dude known only as 'Niko' on the discord and he pointed out that dismantling components would be a lot more useful if it provided 'say, X% of that tech level's stuff'.

I kindof took this to mean if it provided X% of progress to every intervening tech level up to and including the final technology itself, that would make it a lot more useful.  I personally wholeheartedly approve of this notion and felt the need to post it on the forums.  Currently you are encouraged to wait until one tech level before the tech of the device, to maximize the research point gain.  I think that some kind of boost of this nature would make archeology a significantly more fun mechanic in general as it would mean you want to dismantle whatever you find as soon as possible and would be rushing to obtain artifacts and ship them off for disassembly.

In example, a component offers 10% progress towards ion drive tech, and your empire is currently at nuclear thermal.

Currently:
10% progress towards improved nuclear thermal

Proposed:
10% progress towards nuclear pulse
10% progress towards improved nuclear pulse
10% progress towards ion engines
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:06:46 PM by QuakeIV »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #824 on: July 13, 2020, 03:49:23 AM »
So I was talking with some dude known only as 'Niko' on the discord and he pointed out that dismantling components would be a lot more useful if it provided 'say, X% of that tech level's stuff'.

I kindof took this to mean if it provided X% of progress to every intervening tech level up to and including the final technology itself, that would make it a lot more useful.  I personally wholeheartedly approve of this notion and felt the need to post it on the forums.  Currently you are encouraged to wait until one tech level before the tech of the device, to maximize the research point gain.  I think that some kind of boost of this nature would make archeology a significantly more fun mechanic in general as it would mean you want to dismantle whatever you find as soon as possible and would be rushing to obtain artifacts and ship them off for disassembly.

In example, a component offers 10% progress towards ion drive tech, and your empire is currently at nuclear thermal.

Currently:

Proposed:
10% progress towards nuclear pulse
10% progress towards improved nuclear pulse
10% progress towards ion engines

It might sound good from a game-play perspective but not from a more realistic perspective. If a medieval society found a working computer they would never make anything out of it before they progressed through the technology to understand how it works. It is the same principle in the game. You can use the technology but you can't understand how it works unless you have a fundamental understanding of the technologies necessary.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:05:56 PM by Jorgen_CAB »