VB6 Aurora > Aurora Suggestions

Component Names

(1/2) > >>

Erik L:
A number of us rename components as they are being built. I.E. instead of a 20cm C1 Plasma Carronade, it is a Julian Arms 200mm Plasma Cannon.

Would it be possible (as an option on the Game screen) to randomly generate some of these names at design time?

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: "Erik Luken" ---A number of us rename components as they are being built. I.E. instead of a 20cm C1 Plasma Carronade, it is a Julian Arms 200mm Plasma Cannon.

Would it be possible (as an option on the Game screen) to randomly generate some of these names at design time?
--- End quote ---

It would be difficult, unless someone can come up with the necessary logic. The trick will be to maintain some type of theme so that every Empire doesn't have a unrelated set of names. One possibility might be the ability to add the names of weapon manufacturers to your Empire so that one would be automatically chosen when you are designing weapons, or you could choose one from a list.

Steve

Erik L:

--- Quote from: "Steve Walmsley" ---
--- Quote from: "Erik Luken" ---A number of us rename components as they are being built. I.E. instead of a 20cm C1 Plasma Carronade, it is a Julian Arms 200mm Plasma Cannon.

--- End quote ---
It would be difficult, unless someone can come up with the necessary logic. The trick will be to maintain some type of theme so that every Empire doesn't have a unrelated set of names. One possibility might be the ability to add the names of weapon manufacturers to your Empire so that one would be automatically chosen when you are designing weapons, or you could choose one from a list.

Steve
--- End quote ---

That's what I mean. Add in weapon makers.

Kana:
Isn't this like having Commander names?

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: "Kana" ---Isn't this like having Commander names?
--- End quote ---

In a sense yes. I need to add some lists of weapon manufacturers but I could base them on the racial theme or, as you suggest, on the commander names.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version