Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Breytac (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
Some questions
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:20:38 AM »
I have a couple of questions

Question 1

I've designed and built an asteroid mining ship as I have found an asteroid with minerals. Do I just send the ship to an asteroid and it will start mining or do I have to give it specific orders?

Question 2

I decided to start a pre-newtonian empire. While I was able to research geological sensors, I have not yet been able to research gravitational sensors. Is there any research I have to do before being able to research gravitational sensors? I would really like to get a start on at least doing gravitational surveys of other star systems and building jump gates.

Apart from the above, really having fun just playing around and learning.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:31 AM »
For the asteroid miner you will need to designate the asteroid as a colony and then send the ship to there.  It will continue from there and leave the minerals on the asteroid.  I usually put 5 cargo holds on a ship so it can cary a mass driver to put there while it is mining.  Pick it up and move it to the next asteroid.

For the grav sensor you will need to reasearch Jump Point Theory first.  It is under Power and Propulsion.

Brian

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Some questions
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 06:06:26 AM »
Welcome onboard in the most Amazing,realistic and thriller 4x unique Steve's Universe:D

Am playing from 2008..and today am encounter sometimes strangies situation never see before.

So u think:D

Good luck out there:DDDD