Author Topic: RE: Fuel Explosions  (Read 5753 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
RE: Fuel Explosions
« on: September 07, 2019, 10:48:58 PM »
Does fuel go boom?

If it does, can it set off a chain reaction?

I.E: If I have one Large Fuel Tank w/ 250,000 litres versus 5 Standard Fuel Tanks w/ 250,000 litres does the big one make a big boom while the other makes a medium boom with the chance of other booms?

If they can set off chain reactions... can they make other things go boom?

I'm curious on account of wanting to use Tiny Fuel Tanks on my ships as a form of "safe storage" fluffed as a sort of honeycomb cellular fuel storage system... or something.

I checked the wiki and searched the forums and can't seem to find mention of this anywhere.

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: RE: Fuel Explosions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:57:16 AM »
A) I'm pretty sure fuel doesn't explode, no.
B) Multiple fuel tanks are still useful for preventing sudden stops when your only tank gets damaged.
C) Please observe posting etiquette as laid out in the FAQ - you started seven of the last eight threads in this subforum. (Of course, given active development has moved to C#, possibly that could be updated; but until then...)

I want to ask about how something works in the game.  Where should I ask?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

90% of the time, you'll want to ask questions in The Academy (or in Chat, if it's chatty :) ), rather than in Mechanics.  The reason for this is that Mechanics is where Steve posts and discusses rules changes, so we try to keep the thread count low.  A good rule of thumb is that if you're asking questions like "How do I do X" or "How does X work", then it belongs in The Academy.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 06:46:25 AM »
Sorry about that... I was under the impression the Academy was for, "Halp I'm New" and Mechanics wads for game mechanics and anything related to them...

EDIT: How did I miss that in the FAQ!?

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 10:39:39 AM »
No doesn't explode. But I think it could be an interesting mechanic together with some choice of different fuel storage/transfer techniques.