Author Topic: I can't build my Frieghter?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline TheLastRonin (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
I can't build my Frieghter?
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »
I designed a commercial friegther but it's not available from the shipyard? Can anyone help me?

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Re: I can't build my Frieghter?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:33:31 PM »
your shipyard needs to have as much space as the freighter or more on it's slipways, if this is true
did you open the modifications box, and scroll down to retool for selected class? if not thats the problem, just scroll down there it will pop up a list of classes the shipyard can potentially make, and you can build them.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »
Is the shipyard a commercial yard (signified by the C in the second column)?

Is the shipyard of sufficient capacity?

Has the class been assigned to the shipyard?

If all those are yes, then there is an issue. Otherwise, the No answers need to become Yes answers :)

Offline Mikeck

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »
Go to your "manage shipyard" tab. Select a shipyard that is commercial and has a slip that is as much or more tonnage as the freighter. Then, in the upper group of dropdowns, select "retool shipyard" in the other one, find your freighter and select it.

If u go to "shipyard tasks" tab, it should show that shipyard retooling.

Make sure your freighter is commercial. If u added sensors or a military engine, then ity is a military craft and you will need to retool a naval shipyard.

If u advance time 5 seconds and go back to the shipyard tab, the shipyard you selected should be retooled.

Now, select that shipyard again. Go to the lower group of drop downs and choose to build and then in the other dropdown choos your freighter. Below that, you will see buttons to rename it.  I think u then need to hit "add" but I am not sure as I am doing this from memory.