Author Topic: Create NPR  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
Create NPR
« on: December 17, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »
So there's this button that creates a new NPR.  I push it any time I decide that one of the currently existing NPRs is no longer any kind of threat.  I aim to keep at least two viable NPRs going at any given time.

When I create a new NPR in that way, what kind of tech do they start with?  I like to imagine that I'm creating NPRs that can put up a respectable fight, and maybe even beat me if I botch it badly or they catch a few breaks.  If they start with early-game tech, I'll need to re-think this practice.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Create NPR
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:52:15 PM »
So there's this button that creates a new NPR.  I push it any time I decide that one of the currently existing NPRs is no longer any kind of threat.  I aim to keep at least two viable NPRs going at any given time.

When I create a new NPR in that way, what kind of tech do they start with?  I like to imagine that I'm creating NPRs that can put up a respectable fight, and maybe even beat me if I botch it badly or they catch a few breaks.  If they start with early-game tech, I'll need to re-think this practice.

They are supposed to start with RP/Tech comparable to the amount of time passed in game.

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »
If you want to be sure you can also SM them in trough the system view window. Of course you will then know where they will be.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 07:04:33 AM »
I think selecting meritocracy as the government type also makes sure you get a well advanced NPR. You can also bump up their difficulty by giving them comparatively more resources etc in the game set up menu where there is an NPR difficulty percentage. Just put in a number more than 100.

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
.. in the game set up menu where there is an NPR difficulty percentage. Just put in a number more than 100.

Doesn't it make oposite effect? IIRC some kind of mineral shortage?
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
I think Steve fixed the mineral problem with the difficulty.  Basically, the difficulty would multiply the NPR population size by an additional factor.  Before the fix, it wouldn't adjust the NPR HW minerals, though, so the NPR would hit the mineral crash faster.  Like I said, I think Steve now multiplies the start minerals by the difficulty as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

John