Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 43674 times)

Offline GenJeFT

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2014, 10:40:45 PM »
Do you have auto-assign for you officers turned on and set to 12 months? It's the only thing I can think of that would occur at the same time every year. Maybe one or more of your officers is assigned incorrectly.

As for skipping months, when you are holding down the enter key to get passed the errors your last focus was probably on the time increment. If you don't realize that the errors are over with then you could easily trigger more time increments, has happened to me quite a few times.

Made no difference at all. Still got the error.

Edit*

I just tried making a new game and making sure that auto assign was off. First year went by without any problems, second year generated the error again. Seeing as it skips consistently from December till March I wonder if its a calender issue with Jan and Feb. I guess I gota re-download the game and try again.

Also I am in college and playing on my laptop. This game REALLY does not like working with laptop screens.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:04:00 PM by GenJeFT »

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2014, 11:36:15 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Using the "msl launch" button on the ship screen gives an error about the ship suffering from transition delay, despite testing on ships that have been insystem for months.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »
Just received the following error messages when trying to continue a v6.3 game and am now in a situation where I receive these messages each time when trying to open Aurora :-

Error in Form Load

Error 3358 was generated by DAO.db engine
Cannot open the Microsoft Jet Engine Workgroup information file.

then :-

Error in UpdateGameLog
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or with block variable not set

Does anyone know what the first error represents or a workround as I do not want to completely re-install Aurora and start a new game if at all possible.

Davidr

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
Just received the following error messages when trying to continue a v6.3 game and am now in a situation where I receive these messages each time when trying to open Aurora :-

Error in Form Load

Error 3358 was generated by DAO.db engine
Cannot open the Microsoft Jet Engine Workgroup information file.

then :-

Error in UpdateGameLog
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or with block variable not set

Does anyone know what the first error represents or a workround as I do not want to completely re-install Aurora and start a new game if at all possible.

Davidr

Search  your system for "System.mdw" Rename the file and relaunch Aurora.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #244 on: April 09, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
Erik,

I do not appear to have that file anywhere on my Win 7 laptop.

DavidR

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »
Erik,

I do not appear to have that file anywhere on my Win 7 laptop.

DavidR

I just did a quick web search for the error text of the first error. That seemed to be the general consensus. Are there any *.mdw files? If so, try renaming those and see what happens. I bet with the first error cleared up, the second will go away too.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2014, 02:06:16 AM »
Erik,

Thanks,

I use Kaspersky Anti-Virus programme on my computer.

I have just found out from the Kaspersky website  that there was a bug in a Kaspersky Anti-Virus update that was causing a 0 byte file to be created that was causing the problem. I have followed their instructions and the problem now seems cured as I can access my Aurora save game again.

DavidR

Offline ddblackhawk

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »
Just had a bug while I was opening the class design window, I'm running the All-in-one installer v6.30 beta wrapper 1.0 by AcidWeb if that makes any difference.
Anyway, I was designing a PDC and had just clicked the lock button, when I got the following 2 errors:
Getting Error in PopulateClassList
Error 94, Invalid use of Null
Error in PopulateClassList
Error 381, Invalid property array index
These repeat about 5 or 6 times and then go away, they also happen whenever I create a new class, delete a class, copy a class, and lock and unlock a class.

I am still setting up a game so I was in SM mode, and had already created several other ship classes and 1 PDC class.

Offline Sharp

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
It's a bug that was posted before by someone else on v6. 20 (didn't see a reply to it though) but I still have it on 6. 3 in that for some civillian mining complexes the game seems to think it has like a 1000 -DSTS even though there is only 1, other CMC's have normal passive sensor ranges and other colonies where I have put tracking stations on seem to have normal sensor ranges but every few games there will be a huge passive sensor radius on a CMC colony even though it only says it has 1 tracking station.

I don't think it is just a display problem either as it seems to be able to detect alien ships but I can't confirm right now (without creating an SM NPR which I don't want to do right now) but I think it did in a previous game when aliens invaded Sol.

In my current game there is a CMC on Triton which can detect a 110 Thermal Signature at 6830 m km and another huge one on a CMC on Tethys, the Tethys one can cover all jump points regardless of Saturn's orbital position while my lvl 6 Tracking Station on Earth can't even reach the asteroid belt.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2014, 01:58:12 AM »
Just updated a Turn and received the following pop-up error :-

Error in CheckAlienShip
Error 3077 was generated by DAo.RecordSet
Syntax error ( missing operator ) in expression.

Clicking through seems to have cleared error for now.

DavidR

Offline DennoD

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • D
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
Hello All, i'm a noob new player in the wonderfull Aurora's world (& french, so, i'm sorry for my über bad english), and i have one big, BIG problem.

When i launch a new game, i can't chose a gouvernor for my planet.  I try with portable version, normal version, with and without the wrapper, i switch my region to Amercian english (for the horrible french ","). . .  Aaaaaaand always the same problem.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #251 on: April 13, 2014, 07:28:37 PM »
Civilian Sorium harvesters do not follow the updated pathfinding that civilian cargo and colony ships use.  Cargo and colony ships seem to use LP points without any problems now but this poor harvester has 1737.18B k to go.  At it's current speed of 254 km/s it's going to take a while.  The excessive time to destination is also causing an "Error 6 was generated by Aurora Overflow" any time I do something that causes that ships time to destination to show on screen like 'Show Order time and Distance" toggle from the system map.

Poor guy is going to get SM nuked in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Offline Sharp

• S
« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2014, 07:15:18 AM »
Bit of a powerful bug.

Fighters can get upgraded on the fly.  Changing the design of the fighter in the ship design menu instantly changes all existing fighters, it also doesn't seem to care if the new design is not a fighter anymore, I can send a swarm of fighters and turn them from having 1-5 armour 475 tons into 150,000 ton behemoths with 40-253 armour and 20 meson cannons and 1000 engines.

My guess is the game needs to lock built and building fighter designs like it does for other ships and then be able to obsolete old fighter designs so they don't clog up the ship designs list.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »
Bit of a powerful bug.

Fighters can get upgraded on the fly.  Changing the design of the fighter in the ship design menu instantly changes all existing fighters, it also doesn't seem to care if the new design is not a fighter anymore, I can send a swarm of fighters and turn them from having 1-5 armour 475 tons into 150,000 ton behemoths with 40-253 armour and 20 meson cannons and 1000 engines.

My guess is the game needs to lock built and building fighter designs like it does for other ships and then be able to obsolete old fighter designs so they don't clog up the ship designs list.

You're supposed to lock all designs prior to building(fighter/ship/pdc).  Steve added to lock control to the design screen for this purpose.  If I recall correctly, the reason Steve has not added a check to constuction is that in SM mode the lock can be turned off.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Sharp

• S
« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
All ship designs are auto-locked once a shipyard is retooling for it and locked while it is tooled for a design.  Fighters though aren't built in shipyards so they don't get locked.  I can understand the SM mode to unlock existing designs on shipyards for when people forget to add that one component to their design.  The optional lock design option is so you don't make accidental changes if you are just browsing your design.  This bug exists for fighters and PDC's and any ships which don't have design on shipyard.

What needs to be changed though is locking designs if there are ships existing with that design, the same bug occurs if you retool a shipyard from one design to another but still have ships on the old design, any changes to that design will affect any ships in existence.

Current
If shipyard has design as assigned class or shipyard is retooling to design then lock design

Proposal
If shipyard has design as assigned class or shipyard is retooling to design or population industry building design then lock design
If ship has design then lock design