Author Topic: Fuel question.  (Read 1222 times)

Offline GenJeFT (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Fuel question.
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »
My civilian shipping line just built a fuel refinery ship and placed it at Neptune. How do I buy fuel from that ship? I dont see a way to do it.

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Fuel question.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 01:40:08 PM »
My civilian shipping line just built a fuel refinery ship and placed it at Neptune. How do I buy fuel from that ship? I dont see a way to do it.
Use the advanced search tool at the top right to research posts, this was covered in the last couple of weeks. 

To buy fuel from a civilian harvester, send a fleet or a tanker to refuel from the harvester.  The cost of the fuel will be deducted from your wealth and show up as a line item on the wealth summary tab.  I prefer an in-system tanker with a slow very fuel efficient engine and 5,000,000 liter fuel tank that shuttles back and forth unloading 90% of the fuel to my colony (earth) before heading out to buy again.  The more fuel you buy from civilians, the more harvesters they will build.  Make sure your tanker has the tanker box checked in the class design window, otherwise Aurora will filter out the tanker related orders, such as "unload 90% to colony".