Author Topic: Splitting up engineer brigades and marine regiments?  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Vanigo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Splitting up engineer brigades and marine regiments?
« on: January 25, 2010, 06:45:01 PM »
Can it be done? I managed to squeeze a single troop module into a hull just small enough that my destroyers could carry it through jump points, hoping to get an engineer brigade piece by piece. No such luck. So I built five of them. Still wouldn't pick them up. I wound up making another troop transport class, but I'd really like to know if there's a way to do it.
Also, can you split a marine regiment into five companies, or do you have to build them company-by-company in the first place? If you can split them up, how?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Splitting up engineer brigades and marine regiments?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »
Quote from: "Vanigo"
Can it be done? I managed to squeeze a single troop module into a hull just small enough that my destroyers could carry it through jump points, hoping to get an engineer brigade piece by piece. No such luck. So I built five of them. Still wouldn't pick them up. I wound up making another troop transport class, but I'd really like to know if there's a way to do it.
Also, can you split a marine regiment into five companies, or do you have to build them company-by-company in the first place? If you can split them up, how?

As far as I know, this (splitting/joining) is not yet implemented.  I posted pretty much the same question a few weeks back (I think maybe to 4.8 or 4.7 bugs) and Steve said something about it having slipped his mind....

*Pause while I look for my post*

Ok, looks like it was actually a few months back :-) : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1680&p=17659&hilit=marine+HQ#p17659

John