Author Topic: "Cannot obey orders: There is a shipyard task releated to this ship" ???  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Commander Coward (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Trying to get my SS to survey home system, but it keeps on saying in the events page something similar to the above, what horribly simple thing have I forgotten  ???  ???  ???  ??? ?

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Have you set the fleet you are trying to move as the default fleet for new construction?
Alternatively, is one of the ships undergoing overhaul?
Welchbloke

Offline Commander Coward (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Quote from: welchbloke link=topic=3079. msg30042#msg30042 date=1290959822
Have you set the fleet you are trying to move as the default fleet for new construction?
Alternatively, is one of the ships undergoing overhaul?
Nope and nope.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Nope and nope.

Check and see if a ship under construction is set to be delivered to the same fleet that contains your SS.

Kurt

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
New construction, overhaul, and refits should be the only tasks that would generate that error message.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Alternatively, did there USED to be a ship undegoing overhaul/refit/repair in this fleet that you transferred out? 

I have done this a number of times ( ie ordered a refit, then suddenly realised I need the other ships in the fleet somewhere else so moved the refitting ship to another fleet eg HomeFleetShipyard). 

The refit order unfortunatly stays with the fleet where the ship was when the refit/repair/overhaul was requested, so when you ask that fleet to go somewhere you get the "Shipyard Task related to Fleet" message.  Solution is to move all the ships into a new fleet, then delete the old one, or merge it with the fleet where the refitting ship is now (you will get another error message when you do this but it will let you).
Slàinte,

Mike