Author Topic: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread  (Read 17151 times)

Offline SteveAlt (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« on: January 14, 2010, 11:05:13 PM »
Known Issues: Please read to ensure you don't duplicate a bug report.

Problem: Window doesn't appear on the screen, or appears to be off-screen.  Solution: Close all windows (or restart) and then use the Reset Window Positions option on the Miscellaneous menu on the main menu bar

Problem: Increments keep getting cut short.  Solution: This isn't a bug. See this discussion and explanation of how the time increments function behind the scenes: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1839

Problem: Invalid Row Errors on the Research tab of the Economics window. Solution: Fixed in v4.82 (I hope!)

Problem: GetPromotionScore Overflow Error. Solution: Fixed in v4.82

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 02:09:26 AM »
Have an NPR that cannot load an installation in its orders. This is causing an interrupt every 6 hours. I peeked in the database to find this out. Deleting the orders for the two fleets that got confused fixed it.

Not sure what they were trying to load. My guess is it was automated mines (homeworld to moon).

*edit*
within a week of game time, the NPR re-issued the orders, throwing interrupts every 6 hours. If you want the db, let me know.

Offline zmantle

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • z
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 07:37:25 AM »
Not 100 percent sure its a bug but when I try to bring up the economics tab it acts like the window is off the screen and i cant figure our how to get it back.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
Quote from: "zmantle"
Not 100 percent sure its a bug but when I try to bring up the economics tab it acts like the window is off the screen and i cant figure our how to get it back.
That could be my fault. I may have forgotten to change the window positions before sending out the DB and I use multiple screens. Close all windows (or restart) and then use the Reset Window Positions option on the Miscellaneous menu on the main menu bar

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Have an NPR that cannot load an installation in its orders. This is causing an interrupt every 6 hours. I peeked in the database to find this out. Deleting the orders for the two fleets that got confused fixed it.

Not sure what they were trying to load. My guess is it was automated mines (homeworld to moon).

*edit*
within a week of game time, the NPR re-issued the orders, throwing interrupts every 6 hours. If you want the db, let me know.
Yes please send the DB. NPRs will be moving installations around a lot more in this version so I obviously missed something. I just ran a game for 20 years with 4 NPRs and no error, which just shows how difficult it is to test everything :)

Steve

Offline Another

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 02:49:09 PM »
I have the same issue with interrupts occurring at every sub-pulse tick with nothing to Event log. Experienced this with various auto and manual sub-pulse lengths for extended period of time (manual sub-pulse = 1 day, auto-turn >= 1 day is the best combination so far). I'm ready to also send my stevefire.zip if it is still of any use.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »
Quote from: "Another"
I have the same issue with interrupts occurring at every sub-pulse tick with nothing to Event log. Experienced this with various auto and manual sub-pulse lengths for extended period of time (manual sub-pulse = 1 day, auto-turn >= 1 day is the best combination so far). I'm ready to also send my stevefire.zip if it is still of any use.
Check the first post in this thread for the link to an explanation. If it seems to be going on for a long time though and the explanation doesn't seem to cover it then please send the DB and I will investigate.

Also, try closing the event log, go into SM mode and then re-open the Event log as the SM. There may be additional information.

Steve

Offline Future

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:30:08 PM »
Hi im new to the forum and im loving the game btw but i get this really anoying bug that wont go away "Error in GetPromotionScore, Error 6 was generated by aurora, overflow".

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
Using the "Create ships" thing on new game, looking at the missiles. Selecting previous designs results in no MSP allocations.

Offline Empty

• Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »
I keep getting an error 6 overflow popup once in a few.

I looked at the event list as sm and got a few time pulse adjusted due to missle launch (Possibly due to two npr fighting) messages.

Edit:
Oh wait the tile of the error message is error in movemissle.

Edit2:
Seems I only get the error when I force the time pulse to be 1 day.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 05:32:20 PM by Empty »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

*edit*
I have fixed it. The v4.81 patch should correct the problem in your game without having to modify the DB. Thanks for sending me the DB

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »
Quote from: "Future"
Hi im new to the forum and im loving the game btw but i get this really anoying bug that wont go away "Error in GetPromotionScore, Error 6 was generated by aurora, overflow".
Ah - I guess this is still in v4.8 then :(

Any chance you could zip up and email me your Stevefire.mdb file. I haven't been able to recreate this so I need to see a game where it is actually happening. My email is stevewalmlsey at btinternet.com

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »
Using the "Create ships" thing on new game, looking at the missiles. Selecting previous designs results in no MSP allocations.
it won't be possible to see the allocations as this only works for missiles designed in the missile design window. NPRs don't use that to work out their own missile designs. They use the same algorithm but don't touch the window. I guess this would be something I could add though.

Steve

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 05:42:32 PM »
On a new game after a 5 day jump, starting wealth is appearing on the expenditure side of the wealth tab, making it appear like I'm running a massive deficit.

On the leaders tab, using the up/down arrows(particularly up) to change the seniority of officers within a rank, throws up the error;

error in ChangeCmdrSeniority
error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »
Off to work for a few hours. I'll look at the rest of the bugs when I get back.

Steve