Author Topic: Bug preventing gameplay  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Judicator (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Bug preventing gameplay
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
Well I decided to delete and reinstall everything and somehow I manage to patch up to v5.14 without any problems. But I never saw any button or menu pertaining to an 'update game' the thread told me about. So I decided to create a new game and hit the create game button where it spams me with endless errors, forcing me to shut it down via task manager. Is anyone else having this problem?

It generates an "Error 3265" on launching the exe, stating 'item not found in this collection' before taking me to the game selection menu. Upon pressing the create a new game button, even without altering ANY of the initial settings, it hits me with another Error 3265 followed by an Error 3201 stating "You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Game'. And it spams me with that error over and over each time I close it, forcing me to shut it down via task manager like I stated earlier.

This is extremely strange as the 5.10 patch that brings me to 5.13v NEVER gave me these problems ever. What gives?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Bug preventing gameplay
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »
Try following these instructions from the installation thread it tends to help to do these things properly

IMPORTANT! This patch includes a minor database change. I didn't want to release a new database just for this one change but you will have to trigger the database update. When you enter the Game window for the first time, there will be an error popup. Ignore this and select any game. Now go to the Game menu on the main menu bar and select v5.14 Data Update. You should almost immediately see a popup stating "Update Complete". Your database is now updated and ready to continue. This won't affect any saved game.

Offline Judicator (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »
Quote from: "Judicator"
Well I decided to delete and reinstall everything and somehow I manage to patch up to v5.14 without any problems. But I never saw any button or menu pertaining to an 'update game' the thread told me about.

I believe I already addressed this right at the start of my post. There is no such option when I go through the game menu, there is only the default game 'The Space Race' although it DOES give me the startup single error that was forewarned.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:27:27 PM »
If you select the game already present in the database, then from the main window bar, you should have the option to update. Then just close down and restart to start a new game.

Offline Judicator (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
If you select the game already present in the database, then from the main window bar, you should have the option to update. Then just close down and restart to start a new game.

Like I said for the last two posts, I click the down arrow to open the menu, and there is no such button at all. Anywhere. Go ahead and take a screenshot of your screen with said option opened and highlighted and I will show you how mine looks.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 03:07:35 AM »
[attachment=0:1unhn0ew]514.png[/attachment:1unhn0ew]

Offline Judicator (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 10:50:14 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
[attachment=0:2ax94m1r]514.png[/attachment:2ax94m1r]

So THERE it was! For the longest time I thought it was in the game selection drop down window! Well I updated it and I really want to thank you for helping me with this.

Offline transigent8

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 02:44:30 AM »
I was stumped by the database update procedure as well and let's just say I had an awful lot of clicking through error messages before I found the pertinent option. Thanks Erik! Picture=1kb words.  :lol: