Author Topic: v1.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 9664 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.10 Bugs Thread
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:54:45 AM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.1.

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:41:29 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline hadi

• Aurora blind player
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • h
Re: v1.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 12:06:02 PM »
Steve, sorry for the double post,
The 28 buttons in the map that  launches different   windows, saves the game, game menu, and auto turn button are all unlabeled to the screen readers.
This is sort of the only major issue that we're having, I sort of  randomly press buttons till the window i want is opened lol
Sorry for posting this again, i know you're dealing with major major bugs right now
At this point, I was suspecting demonic intervention.
-Steve

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »
Any bugs mentioned in the 1.0 thread that's not in the know list. If we see it in 1.1 to.
Mention it here or no need?
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »
Any bugs mentioned in the 1.0 thread that's not in the know list. If we see it in 1.1 to.
Mention it here or no need?

Mention if you still have the same bug and I don't list it as known.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
The 28 buttons in the map that  launches different   windows, saves the game, game menu, and auto turn button are all unlabeled to the screen readers.
This is sort of the only major issue that we're having, I sort of  randomly press buttons till the window i want is opened lol
Sorry for posting this again, i know you're dealing with major major bugs right now

Do you know how I can label them for screen readers? Do they need text on them?

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 12:14:17 PM »
LG Infrastructure ndoes not work.
I tried colonizing Schaumasse and have more than enough infrastructure, yet the political stability sunk to 1%.  This happened in 1. 00 but in 1. 10 this bug still persists as in the stability is still not rising.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 12:15:05 PM »
I'm just starting a custom game, I added in the first race as "SM Race" with 0 installations and population, etc... I was going to open the system window to delete Sol and create a new system. When I open the system window, without doing anything, it displays "Function #1621: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This error message persists and I have to close Aurora via the task manager.

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 12:20:10 PM »
Attempting to create an NPR in the home system still generates a "Function #1512: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

It runs through the NPR generation but when you try to skip forward any amount of time it gives that error. Saving and closing the game gets rid of the error but the NPR still isn't there.

Also, minor bug. When you have Spacemaster on and you create a new game the light stays on but Spacemaster is off. Clicking it keeps the light on but actually turns Spacemaster on.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 12:22:56 PM »

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/winforms/controls/providing-accessibility-information-for-controls-on-a-windows-form

The above links assumes you're using standard windows forms for Aurora's UI. If not, this may still be enough to get you started. Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:24:27 PM by Inglonias »

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 12:24:22 PM »
Am getting a function error in my new game, its a conventional start its intermittent but not constantly just occasionally, I have only justed starting the campaign attached below is the screenshot of the error.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/winforms/controls/providing-accessibility-information-for-controls-on-a-windows-form

Pretty much what they said. The tab order bugs are similarly easy to fix, as documented at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/winforms/controls/how-to-set-the-tab-order-on-windows-forms.

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 12:25:41 PM »
LG Infrastructure ndoes not work.
I tried colonizing Schaumasse and have more than enough infrastructure, yet the political stability sunk to 1%.  This happened in 1. 00 but in 1. 10 this bug still persists as in the stability is still not rising.

Do you start over or were you attempting to reuse the same save from 1.00?  My understanding is the 1.10 breaks 1.00 saves.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »
Am getting a function error in my new game, its a conventional start its intermittent but not constantly just occasionally, I have only justed starting the campaign attached below is the screenshot of the error.

I'm seeing this error too on occasion. Easiest way I've found to reproduce it is to just increment time 30 days on the Federated Nations game for a while. You'll see it eventually.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
When you click 'new' to create a new formation template, clicking cancel does not cancel creating a formation template.

Offline Taino2

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 12:26:30 PM »
I am consistently getting a "function #1414: object reference not set to an instance of an object" closing the report brings it up repeatedly until I have no choice but to close aurora using task manager
I just started a new campaign after the patch and it happens 2 months in (saved beforehand).
Was also happening before patch but only a couple years in.