Author Topic: v1.30 Bugs Thread  (Read 32772 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.30 Bugs Thread
« on: April 13, 2020, 07:51:13 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.3

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.

The following users thanked this post: Ektor, Ancalagon

Offline Blackjanek

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Re: v1.30 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 07:59:17 PM »
Menu icons not visible in windows high-contrast mode

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »
After you press wide view on the ship making screen there is no way of reversing it except for closing and reopenning the program.

The following users thanked this post: muzzlehead

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 08:23:00 PM »
I am just here to protest the fixing of the turret in turret bug. If I want to pay for a stupid amount of guns on my STO and put all my eggs in one basket I should be allowed to gosh darn it all.

Also, damn fine work sir. The above is a serious remark, but it doesn't detract from the damn fine'dness of your work. :)

The following users thanked this post: Energyz

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 08:23:45 PM »
Improved geosurvey modules are still classified as civilian.

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 08:24:49 PM »
Disclaimer: Happened in 1. 10 and 1. 20 but was not mentioned.

After about 30 years & having colonies at about 30m pop the civilian shipping lines break.  The log complains about them not being able to load infrastructure every 5 or so days.
Furthermore the civilian research done for ground units also unlocks player techs.

The following users thanked this post: vyser1on

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »
Going to post this here for posterity sake.

• Minor bug. When you have Spacemaster on and you create a new game the light stays on but Spacemaster is off. Clicking it keeps the light on but actually turns Spacemaster on.
  • Having the AI create everything for you in a new game seems to prioritize building an army over a navy. Only troops were built in several games, but plenty of templates for ships were made.
    Having the AI build everything for you results in doubling or tripling of certain racial tech like lasers and mesons.
    When AI pre-builds ships they can skip over prerequisite tech for troop transports and tech straight into drop pod equipped troop transports.
  • When making ships, if you delete all/most of the components on the ship a warning text will appear saying "freighters require at least
    one engineering space"
  • You can research bombardment, autocannon, and air-to-air pods before researching fighter pods. You don't need the fighter pod research in order to put
    pods onto your fighters. You can also design size 0 fighter pods. When you design the pods with size 0 they are still counted as 1 MSP.
    A size 0 autocannon pod still does damage (mine says 30, not sure if this is base or not). Damage on autocannon pod does not go up with MSP size but
    armor pen does, not sure if this is intentional or not. When you put these size 0 pods on a ship the game says that there is "0x fighter pod" in the
    ordnance layout (probably working as intended but still weird).

Addition: AI no longer pre-builds geo, xeno, and construc ground units without tech, but they still make the templates for them without the tech.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:59:06 PM by Kiks »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 08:31:42 PM »
Going to post this here for posterity sake.

• Having the AI create everything for you in a new game seems to prioritize building an army over a navy. Only troops were built in several games, but plenty of templates for ships were made.
    Having the AI build everything for you results in doubling or tripling of certain racial tech like lasers and mesons.
    When AI prebuilds ships they can skip over prerequisite tech for troop transports and tech straight into drop pod equipped troop transports.

I guess this really needs further investigation from Steve as I am afraid the script used by the NPR to create their forces in a new random encounter it's the same. Am I correct Steve?

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 08:41:31 PM »
Stacked 3 different research queues (5+ articles per queue), the game wiped all articles from the list and didn't place them back into the research subject box. Given that these were baseline research projects and not racial's that was rather annoying. Gave what I think was a 'no pointer/entry' error, but could not reproduce to check because I forced the game to close without saving after it happened.

Also, locked designs do not appear to replace their prototyped components with the researched components. IIRC designs should be doing that.

Offline Z3d10uS

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Z
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 08:44:45 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10684. msg122185#msg122185 date=1586826307
After you press wide view on the ship making screen there is no way of reversing it except for closing and reopenning the program.

I find no issue with this, just click "Normal View" does it for me

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 08:49:14 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10684. msg122185#msg122185 date=1586826307

I find no issue with this, just click "Normal View" does it for me

Same. Clicking Normal view button works fine.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 09:08:29 PM »
I'm still on 1.00, but I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so presumably it's still in 1.30.

I sent two ships through an unexplored stabilized jump point (separately). When the second one got there, I got a message "[Ship] has discovered a new connection to the known system of [system]". It went through the same JP, but I guess because it was unexplored when I made the order, it must have thought it was going through a new JP.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

Offline insanegame27

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 09:11:34 PM »
After clicking on the 30 day increment for the sixth time, I got thrown a #1414 error that doesnt go away.   Conventional start, set a civ shipyard to a 10k increase, started TN research, made a couple of ground force units, started building 2 research labs, no other changes I can think of bar ticking auto assign officers

EDIT: Tabbing through the options when starting a game or creating a race skips lines and comes back to them rather than going through every option sequentially in order
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:15:38 PM by insanegame27 »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:07 PM »
I'm still on 1.00, but I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so presumably it's still in 1.30.

I sent two ships through an unexplored stabilized jump point (separately). When the second one got there, I got a message "[Ship] has discovered a new connection to the known system of [system]". It went through the same JP, but I guess because it was unexplored when I made the order, it must have thought it was going through a new JP.

I can confirm this was a bug as well in v1.0, and I expect it is still unfixed as I haven't seen anyone report this event log bug yet.

Edit: It still happens on v1.3, and here is a screenshot and reproduction instructions:

1) Discover an unexplored jumppoint.
2) Order two separate fleets to transit the unexplored jumppoint.
3) The first fleet will transit and "discover" the system.
4) Later, even after multiple time intervals, the second fleet will transit the same jump point but get the erroneous message that it "discovered a new connection" to the system.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:15:24 AM by Ancalagon »

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline lordcirth

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:52 PM »
Error in Function 2661, screenshot attached.    Happens randomly, a few times in a row, then goes away.    No apparent correlation with my activity.    Guessing it's the NPR?
2038, TN start, random stars.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:47:04 PM by lordcirth »