Author Topic: Aurora II  (Read 159165 times)

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
Re: Aurora II
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2010, 02:18:26 PM »
That was the plan all around.
And as Uncle said, I didn't voice it properly. Having the risk of economic breakdowns would be a players choice in exchange for higher wealth creation, more trade, and less RP cost to try and prevent it.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2010, 06:24:38 PM »
Random events are not truly random, if an ordnance factory blow up it probably due to lack of maintenance or workers are overworked, or a terrorist attack.

The reason why other games have random events because, is because of lack of detail in there games. Aurora has a lot of detail, its not a complete colony simulation so the events are minimised as they are not taken into account. I am sure with more work around the colony area you will find a lot more event occur, such as ships blowing up in space because they have not been maintained.

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »
Yeh, but managing every single facility so nothing goes wrong?
I think that'd be overdoing it.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
Here are one or two screenshots to show the progress so far. Still playing about really but the system map is starting to take shape. The first picture is a zoomed-in view of the red dwarf at the centre of the Gorshkov system,along with the closest planet

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2010, 07:07:21 PM »
System Traffic near Epsilon Eridani II

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »
An example of the popup text if you move the mouse over the icon or the label for Carrier Strike Group - Akagi

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »
In the new UI you can smoothly zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, centre the map by clicking on a system body or a fleet, or hold the left mouse button down to drag the map around. Down the entire left-hand side of the map are a list of Systems and a list of fleets. Clicking on a system will take you to the last view location in that system. Clicking a fleet will centre the view on that fleet, changing systems if necessary. As you resize the main window, or change resolution, the listboxes will dynamically resize so both will always be in view and the map will recentre on the smaller or larger viewing area.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
Asteroids in the Wolf 359 system

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:43 PM »
Hostile FACs spotted in the Gorshkov system. This is a temporary label for the hostile icon as I haven't tackled sensors and contacts yet.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »
A hostile frigate spotted in the EZ Aquarii trinary system. The grey dots near the star and in the upper right are asteroids.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2010, 07:26:45 PM »
Same system, showing the popup text when you mouse over a star.

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »
Looks great ! .... Can we presume that there will be no more development on Aurora I since it looks like your pretty much got Aurora II going well ?
Move foward and draw fire

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2010, 03:23:57 AM »
Looks interesting, I am presuming those planets are planets with atmospheres, that why they have the blue hue around them?

I must say I like the orbital rings in the current one I am sure it will be this version but fr some reason make it easier for me to visualise the planets, don't ask me why. <smile>

Looks like the fire is in the belly for version two which is great.

--------------------------------

On ideas for v2

One thing I would love to see in version two is more diplomacy options, alliances, truces, force AI to truce with at war factions, etc.
I think this would add great additions to aurora, it would not be just blast everything off the face galaxy but may have you working with races, to achieve goals.

PS
Steve I have some 3D skills in Maya and worked on mods in the past and present, so if you need anything mocked up in 3D for an images or 3D usage, just ask I be happy to help in anyway I can. I attached a couple of samples, on stuff I am working on at the moment.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:33:04 PM by ardem »

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2010, 04:20:08 AM »
Maybe it's what were used to, but those new pics feel incredibly detailed. ;D
Looking awesome so far.

Offline UncleBob

• Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2010, 04:28:37 AM »
I must say I like the orbital rings in the current one I am sure it will be this version but fr some reason make it easier for me to visualise the planets, don't ask me why. <smile>

I second that. I hope the Orbitel paths of the planets won't get abolished. Maybe, if it doesn't take too much of re-structuring, even add eccentricity to the orbital elements and go for eliptic orbits. But that would probably need some new code in the planet generator, since you have to take the eccentricity into account when checking for habitability, at least if the eccentricity is significant.