Author Topic: Do I need to assign troops to the population of a conquered planet?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
I finally conquered an NPR homeworld (after MANY hours of battle micromanagement) and apparently have several years to wait till it gets to the point where it isn't suffering massive handicaps to its production due to unrest or what have you. I currently have several division of heavy assault troops on it. Am I required to 'transfer' troops to the planet's population in order to control unrest? If I do that with my assault troops, will I be able to get them back after moving garrison troops in to replace them?

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Do I need to assign troops to the population of a conquered planet?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 06:06:41 AM »
Yes, you need to transfer troops to keep them under control, you will se a minimum of it in population window, having more than that is good.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

The following users thanked this post: Panpiper

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:49:53 AM »
Yes, you need to transfer troops to keep them under control, you will se a minimum of it in population window, having more than that is good.
Can I get them back again? If I right now transfer my heavy armor divisions, can I transfer them back after moving in a couple of garrison divisions later?

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:07:05 AM »
They do not get stuck or anything like that, you can freely put more troops or take some away, even later.

The following users thanked this post: Panpiper