Author Topic: Wiki Update  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Wiki Update
« on: June 04, 2015, 08:23:05 AM »
I updated the mediawiki code. Let me know if anything is broken.

Offline Mor

• Commander
Re: Wiki Update
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:00:30 AM »
Thanks. And speaking of updates, for the last few days I have been going through the articles, expanding documentation and shuffling things around in an attempt to make things more organised. Still, there are plenty of topics that could enjoy from the wealth of experience known to Aurora veterans.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:00:10 AM »
Btw, if anyone spot a page  that provide outdated or incomplete information, or can't find the topic at all. But unable to help out there (e.g. due to time consideration), please drop a quick note here to bring it our attention, it will be a great help.

Offline Thundercraft

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Ensign Navigator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 10:29:52 AM »
I updated the mediawiki code. Let me know if anything is broken.

First thing I noticed different is that the main page seems to take longer to load. And, immediately, I get the following error:
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/extensions/ContributionCredits/ContributionCredits.php on line 25

If you wait long enough, the main page will load. But that error message remains at the top.

Also, whenever I try to use the Search function I get this error:
Internal Server Error...
...Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Edit: Nevermind. About half the time, the Search results will eventually load, if you wait long enough. It just takes a while. And this 500 Internal Server error regularly crops up on the forum, too.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:41:29 AM by Thundercraft »
"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." - Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »
Its not Erik update at fault, but the recent increase in popularity\traffic (you can find more about it here). I can attest that before that and minus the host shenanigans it worked like a charm  :D

Concerning the "Strict Standards:... " Error, it started to show a couple of days ago. I already alerted Erik.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »
1. After some difficulties with host in the past few weeks. Thanks to Erik, the wiki is now up and running on a new host and reacts better than ever.
2. We have new homepage
3. Over the last month some pages were added, updated or reorganized. Here some: Ship Crew, Salvage, Leaders, Teams, Ruins, Galaxy, Jump_points, Ground_forces, Colony, Population_and_Production, Commercial_Shipping, Civilian_mining_complex, New_Game, Download_%26_Install, Shipyards.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:31:46 PM by Mor »

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »
Btw, there are still a lot of things that are missing or only bare bones. We could use some help to cover the various game concepts, better explain existing ones, add tips\technical info\images, write tutorials or just be a grammar #### overlord.

The wiki is a community project, and much like Rome it won't be built in one day. Get a user today! Even if you don't intend to edit right now, who knows maybe at some point you might want to show some love or fix some glaring error that irks your inner anal retentiveness.

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »
Commercial Spaceports should probably be called just Spaceports as that is what they are called in-game.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 02:47:54 AM »
We have couple of new contributors from the community, and the wiki progress slowly but surely 8)

Commercial Spaceports should probably be called just Spaceports as that is what they are called in-game.
Done.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 04:51:05 PM »
Btw, I'd like to remind that wiki is open to everyone in the community, if you want to edit simply PM Erik for an account. Which is FREE, so I encourage everyone to create an account, just in case you ever find the need for one.

So far, I have been focusing on adding missing content and improving organization. But the wiki is a community project, and much like Rome it won't be built in one day. There are still a lot of tidbits that are missing and bare bone articles. We could use some help to cover the various game concepts, better explain\phrase existing ones, add tips\technical info\images, write tutorials or just be the grammar #### overlording it all.

Alternatively you can post here any issues you encounter like errors, what the wiki lacks and what you'd personally like to see added to it..

Online db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:28 AM »
Oops, it's broken:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message '/home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/extensions/Math/extension.json does not exist!' in /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/includes/registration/ExtensionRegistry.php:101 Stack trace: #0 /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(181): ExtensionRegistry->queue('/home/penta6/pu...') #1 /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/extensions/math/Math.php(3): wfLoadExtension('Math') #2 /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/LocalSettings.php(299): require_once('/home/penta6/pu...') #3 /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/includes/WebStart.php(124): require_once('/home/penta6/pu...') #4 /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/index.php(38): require('/home/penta6/pu...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/penta6/public_html/aurorawiki/includes/registration/ExtensionRegistry.php on line 101