Author Topic: Suggestions for good tactical space combat game  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Suggestions for good tactical space combat game
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 06:32:30 AM »
Full thrust is available free, its pretty good, fond memories of that one. You can get Full Thrust,More Thrust and a couple of the Fleet Books here (along with the Dirtside and Stargrunt if you want to extend your scenarios to planetary invasion):

http://www.groundzerogames.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=9&id=29&Itemid=50

I think it is plotted movement so not ideal if I want to mess around solo. I might try it for multi-player though. Some friends from work and I have started Boardgame Sundays, where we play a variety of boardgames from 1pm until about midnight. Nine of us yesterday. Fairly basic stuff so far but I hope we get into more complex games soon.

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Suggestions for good tactical space combat game
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 09:06:27 AM »
I think it is plotted movement so not ideal if I want to mess around solo. I might try it for multi-player though. Some friends from work and I have started Boardgame Sundays, where we play a variety of boardgames from 1pm until about midnight. Nine of us yesterday. Fairly basic stuff so far but I hope we get into more complex games soon.

Steve

Being solo you don't have to use all the rules.  I do like the vector movement system that is introduced is Fleet Book 1.  I've used variations of it for my own solo games.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley