Author Topic: Good bye Captain O'Donnell!!!  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Good bye Captain O'Donnell!!!
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:18:38 AM »
The Henry Hudson of the Columbus class Science Cruiser just entered a Black Hole jump point. They could not escape its pull and are desperately trying to escape, but they are slowly drifting towards it at a few hundred km/s.

We will all miss you Captain Harvey O'Donnell and the crew of 1000. This was the ships first and last voyage...

Must say that I love all about this game... it amazes me just more and more.   :)

Offline xeryon

• Captain
Re: Good bye Captain O'Donnell!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:13 AM »
With luck you will be able to save him soon.  Steve has lots of crew manipulations planned for the 5.7 release and hopefully offloading doomed staff would be one of them.  If you had a fast enough vessel to handle the Black Hole's pull you could travel in and rescue them.

Offline Moonshadow101

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »
Are life pods affected by black holes? Even if you're not willing to wait for the next update, you might be able to pump out a faster ship, self-destruct the old one, and hopefully save some of the crew.

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
Heh, a bit of a bump, but in my last game the first extra-solar jump went exactly the same way.  An agonizing three months spent waiting to reach the black hole itself at a speed of ~-20 or so.  Oh well, for plot reasons that officer needed to go.