Author Topic: terraforming ship bug  (Read 1150 times)

eponymous

terraforming ship bug
« on: January 22, 2017, 12:32:28 AM »
hi i'm playing 7. 1, and my terraforming TG is invariably getting lost within days of arriving at a colony site

mercury is a colony site, albeit with no people- this is very early in the game.   i send a little squadron of terraforming ships there with a "move" order (and no subsequent orders) and under "special orders" i have it set to "terraform colony".   k, i hit a single five day tick, the group is where it's supposed to be, mercury is showing the terraforming installations, swell.   next tick, and the tf TG now has "move to #546" listed as it's plotted order and either then or on the next 5 day tick the ships are no longer listed as around mercury.   in one instance they had been teleported to luna.   i shrugged my shoulders and started terraforming luna and the #546 thing recurred.   i've tried moving the ships elsewhere and back, for a 5 second tick and for a 5 day one.   i've deleted the whole TF, "fast OOB"ed replacements in.

i've tried setting them to picket mercury, makes no difference.   as i said, i've tried to terraform luna (which has a nonzero population, of only one species), and gotten the same result.   i'm not going to lie, it's pretty frustrating.   

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: terraforming ship bug
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »
The default order makes  them automatically seek a colony to terraform, I have no idea what kind of colony they're looking for exactly. You have to stop giving them a default order. Moving them to Mercury is enough.
Also if you move more ships there by telling a task group to join the one over Mercury, once they've joined you will have to give the order to move to Mercury to the whole group again, then a 5 seconds turn would be enough. The new arrivals won't be taken into account otherwise.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: terraforming ship bug
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:30:49 AM »
Terraforming with ships is a matter of
A) design and build ships with terraforming modules.
B) send the ships to the planet you want terraformed, there needs to be a colony there.
c) open the colony's production screen and manually set what gas to add or remove from the planet.
Every 5 days a tiny bit more gas will be altered. It will take a long time unless you have a lot of ships. Using installations is the same but requires a large population present.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "