Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38379 times)

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2020, 08:21:05 AM »
Anyone know what the "Senior C.O" check box in Class Design window does?
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2020, 08:39:07 AM »
It sets ship commander as highest available rank in your hierarchy.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:44 AM »
It sets ship commander as highest available rank in your hierarchy.

Highest?

Wouldn't that mean that it can't get bonuses from any admin command, as the admin command needs a higher level leader.
Whats the point of that?   ???
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2020, 08:48:33 AM »
No, it's not the highest, it's one higher than what the ship would normally require. It's only useful if you rely on Auto-Assignments for officers ANd you want a ship class that is sort of flagship with your senior officers commanding them.

The following users thanked this post: Doren, Resand

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2020, 09:00:27 AM »
No, it's not the highest, it's one higher than what the ship would normally require. It's only useful if you rely on Auto-Assignments for officers ANd you want a ship class that is sort of flagship with your senior officers commanding them.

Ahh, that makes more sense.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »
Does anyone know what Orbital habitat colony needs to function? Shuttle station? Spaceport?

I parked some Habs over a planet but they do not seem to register to the colony though ones that aren't yet towed register at the homeworld as additional capacity.

Offline vonlutt

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • v
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 12:07:46 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10649. msg121543#msg121543 date=1586766147
Quote from: thashepherd link=topic=10649. msg121505#msg121505 date=1586752187
I'm running into this issue as well, I even tried setting the refueling priority on the subject ship to be higher than the tanker's.

Quote from: vonlutt link=topic=10649. msg121498#msg121498 date=1586749682
So I have the tanker acting like a tanker after checking the box in the design screen (thanks Jacen), I get it to come up with the sub-options to refuel.   .   .   .    But it still won't refuel.     ???

I stopped all orders and even conditions to stop it from thinking of moving, but for what ever reason I cannot get this thing to take on fuel.    I added the tanker to another fleet, tried the option to refuel from tankers, the fleet moved and went to the location.   .   .    didn't refuel.     

Ok, tried join and refuel target fleet.   .   .   it joins the fleet.   .   .    doesn't refuel the empty survey ship.      :-\

Edit: Maybe something influencing it, when i ticked the box to make it a tanker, it says "minimum fuel set to zero" in the bottom right that I'm not sure how to influence.   

You need to add a refueling piece onto your tanker, you should start the game with it researched.

As shown in a previous screenshot, I have 1x Refuelling system: 50,000 LPH.   Is there a secondary one that I don't know about?

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2020, 12:14:06 PM »
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but thought I would ask - how do you pull up the sensor ring on the Tactical Display for Deep Space Tracking Stations. I see the rings for designed spacecraft but not for the DSTS.

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2020, 01:34:32 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10649. msg121543#msg121543 date=1586766147
Quote from: thashepherd link=topic=10649. msg121505#msg121505 date=1586752187
I'm running into this issue as well, I even tried setting the refueling priority on the subject ship to be higher than the tanker's.

Quote from: vonlutt link=topic=10649. msg121498#msg121498 date=1586749682
So I have the tanker acting like a tanker after checking the box in the design screen (thanks Jacen), I get it to come up with the sub-options to refuel.   .   .   .    But it still won't refuel.     ???

I stopped all orders and even conditions to stop it from thinking of moving, but for what ever reason I cannot get this thing to take on fuel.    I added the tanker to another fleet, tried the option to refuel from tankers, the fleet moved and went to the location.   .   .    didn't refuel.     

Ok, tried join and refuel target fleet.   .   .   it joins the fleet.   .   .    doesn't refuel the empty survey ship.      :-\

Edit: Maybe something influencing it, when i ticked the box to make it a tanker, it says "minimum fuel set to zero" in the bottom right that I'm not sure how to influence.   

You need to add a refueling piece onto your tanker, you should start the game with it researched.

As shown in a previous screenshot, I have 1x Refuelling system: 50,000 LPH.   Is there a secondary one that I don't know about?

in the fleet thing either when you click on the fleet or on the individual ships (I forgot which one) there should be a drop down box that says no autorefuel, change it.

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »
I'm probably overlooking something, but I can't figure out how to use my starting instant build points to create ground units.

Offline scoopdjm

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »
I'm probably overlooking something, but I can't figure out how to use my starting instant build points to create ground units.

I haven't tried it for ground units yet, but I would guess it's in the ground unit/formation design area--that's where the autobuild for ships is anyways?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2020, 04:28:05 PM »

When you are in SM mode, go to Economics - GU Training. Now select unit you want to create and click on Instant Build. CUnit cost will be deducted from Instant Build Points. You can see how many Instant Build Points you have on the left of the Instant Build button.

The following users thanked this post: DoctorDanny

Offline Mark Yanning

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
Hi guys, another easy question: I'm quite a rookie player, and I just tried #c aurora after playing a bit with aurora 4x.  I'm struggling a bit starting the game.  I can't figure out how to build ground units, maybe I'm missing something to build them? In the economic menu, GU Training, everything seems empty.  Thanks a lot

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2020, 05:01:46 PM »
You need to design the ground units first, then research them, then put them into formations.
The formations are the 'units'  you actually build.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2020, 05:02:50 PM »
Hi guys, another easy question: I'm quite a rookie player, and I just tried #c aurora after playing a bit with aurora 4x.  I'm struggling a bit starting the game.  I can't figure out how to build ground units, maybe I'm missing something to build them? In the economic menu, GU Training, everything seems empty.  Thanks a lot
In the Tutorials sub-forum, there's a short and dirty guide by me:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10645.0