Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 38370 times)

Offline AlitarSemiramis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2020, 04:46:14 PM »
Are Mass Driver packages not visible any more on the map? I have dropped some automated mines and one mass driver in mars, pointed the mass driver towards earth, but I don't think I'm getting any minerals back on earth. Am I missing something?
They are off by default. Click them on in the Display tab on the Tactical Window.

Thank you so much!

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2020, 06:20:08 PM »
I tried deploying a bunch of mine buoys, but they don't show up at all, even though the minelayer went from 100% ordinance to 0% ordinance. Wasn't there a "active ordinance" screen in VB6? Am I too blind to find that in C#?

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2020, 07:42:26 PM »
Does anyone know if you can lower the atmosphere of a planet?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2020, 07:45:35 PM »
Does anyone know if you can lower the atmosphere of a planet?
You can. Do not tick the "add atmosphere" box and use your terraformers to suck out each gas at a time.

Offline Ardis

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2020, 07:53:01 PM »
Made a small game.  After exploring 13 systems out of 100, I've found no more jump points, my little corner of the galaxy seems isolated from the rest of the universe.  Is this possible per game mechanics, or did I hit a bug?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2020, 08:46:39 PM »
It is possible, not a bug.

The following users thanked this post: Ardis

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2020, 10:11:44 PM »
Made a small game.  After exploring 13 systems out of 100, I've found no more jump points, my little corner of the galaxy seems isolated from the rest of the universe.  Is this possible per game mechanics, or did I hit a bug?

always start with min jump point set to 6 (I am sure it's in the wiki guide as well) to avoid this to happen. I usually keep 4 only and so far I was lucky only once I ended up in a corner.

I did fix it with SM though :-)

Offline Kandros

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2020, 10:35:24 PM »
You know, I just spent the last hour frustrated as to why I couldn't build Ground Units.  At first, I thought it was because I was missing a building.  After searching the forums and wiki on top of making a test game, I finally found it, the tab was there the whole time.  I don't know if its the lack of sleep or what but GU training just never clicked that it was what I was looking for until I clicked on it.  I think I need a break.  The mix of blue and white is killing my eyes.

Offline FourXer

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2020, 06:23:35 AM »
Two short questions:

Is it Possible to Edit the Installations of a pop with the SM? i cant find the option anywhere ;-)

And is there a way to show all open jobs in the Commander screen? Its a while since i have played  VB6 Aurora but i think there was an option for that

Offline Ardis

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2020, 06:27:25 AM »
Quote from: froggiest1982 link=topic=10649. msg123679#msg123679 date=1587006704
always start with min jump point set to 6 (I am sure it's in the wiki guide as well) to avoid this to happen.  I usually keep 4 only and so far I was lucky only once I ended up in a corner. 

I did fix it with SM though :-)
It's been so long since I set up my first VB6 game and read all the wiki and tutorials that I forgot there are things I should remember.  :D Thanks for the advice! And yeah, I corrected my mistake with SM too.

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2020, 06:29:31 AM »
I'm having problems with refueling an empty ship. My tanker has enough fuel and a refueling system. I'm using the 'join & refuel target fleet' option but my tanker won't refuel the empty ship.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2020, 06:33:29 AM »
Two short questions:

Is it Possible to Edit the Installations of a pop with the SM? i cant find the option anywhere ;-)

Yes, but it is in different window than in VB6. You can find it in Economics - Civilian Economy, under the first column, there are three buttons in SM mode: SM Add, SM Edit and SM Delete.

Offline FourXer

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2020, 06:38:04 AM »
Yes, but it is in different window than in VB6.  You can find it in Economics - Civilian Economy, under the first column, there are three buttons in SM mode: SM Add, SM Edit and SM Delete.

Thanks a lot ;-)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2020, 06:49:57 AM »
I'm having problems with refueling an empty ship. My tanker has enough fuel and a refueling system. I'm using the 'join & refuel target fleet' option but my tanker won't refuel the empty ship.
Both fleets need to be stationary. If the target fleet is still trying to move somewhere, even though lack of fuel prevents it, the game sees it as "mobile" and that requires different tech before it can be done.

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2020, 06:53:23 AM »
I'm sure this has been answered before, but does anyone IF we can design a basic hull and then have several different classes for that hull in C# like in VB?  If so, what are the parameters?  Used to be able to copy design, rename, reID, and then swap out components.   I've tried this several times, but, when I retool for either the base class or the derived class, I do not find the option to make the other ship class.   I haven't gotten it "dead on" but well within the 20% refit guideline (like 32,865 v 32,320 for tonnage between Cargo and Colony classes using copy design)  Thanks in advance.
si vis pacem, para bellum