Author Topic: Parent Formation HQ Production Bonus doesn't apply to Subordinate Formations  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Destragon (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • D
[Version 2.0.3]
I have a 25k HQ formation in charge of 5 formations that contain construction vehicles plus their own HQs:

My engineer BP right now is 644:

When I assign a 30% production bonus commander to the HQ of the 24th Construction Force, their bonus is applied and the BP is increased to 652:

However, when I take this commander and assign him to the 25k parent HQ, the bonus is not applied to the subordinate formations and the BP goes back down to 644:

Is this a bug or do parent HQs just not apply their bonus like this? Or does the bonus maybe get reduced so much that it's unnoticible?

It's probably worth checking if it works with the occupation bonus, but I haven't tested that yet.
Edit:
I did test it with the occupation bonus and it also doesn't seem to apply it. See below.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 05:47:49 PM by Destragon »

The following users thanked this post: StarshipCactus

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Yeah, this has been a known issue for a while now.

Offline Destragon (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • D
I feel like I've seen people talk about it years ago, but wasn't sure.
But does it happen to all commander boni or just to the production one?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:28:51 PM by Destragon »

Offline Destragon (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • D
I'm testing on 2.1.1 right now, assigning a commander with occupation bonus to a parent formation HQ and the occupation strength of the subordinate formations doesn't increase in the economics window.

I have a 5kt infantry formation with a 5k HQ in it and then I also have a separate formation as its parent that only has a 100k HQ inside. I assigned a commander with occupation skill to the infantry formation and noticed that the occupation strength value went up. Then I assigned another commander with occupation skill to the parent formation HQ, but the occupation strength did not change.

So this makes me wonder, do parent formation HQs apply any bonus at all to subordinate formations? I mean, they are supposed to, aren't they?

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
I think what you're observing is indeed the outstanding bug - no ground commander boni don't pass down to subordinate formations.