Author Topic: C# 1.6.3 Captured ship and alien life pods  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Ametsala (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
C# 1.6.3 Captured ship and alien life pods
« on: April 19, 2020, 06:51:15 AM »
In my game in v1. 6. 3 the starting NPR spawned in a system next to Earth, and they came surveying in April of the first year.  A bit later, they decided that they are not interested in being nice and had a fleet with what looked like freighters heading towards Earth.  During the ensuing battle, one of their missile destroyers surrendered, and now I'm trying to figure out how to disassemble it.  Does the scrap task for a shipyard recover the components, or is there some other way to disassemble a captured vessel?

Also, what happened with the alien life pods I recovered? Were the aliens exterminated upon pick up, or are they now in holding cells somewhere, but I just can't figure out where?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: C# 1.6.3 Captured ship and alien life pods
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 09:42:48 AM »
. . .During the ensuing battle, one of their missile destroyers surrendered, and now I'm trying to figure out how to disassemble it.  Does the scrap task for a shipyard recover the components, or is there some other way to disassemble a captured vessel?

If it's a wreck, Salvage it.  If it's intact, Disassemble will give you the components plus miscellaneous extra minerals.  The components themselves can then be used, or disassembled for research, or salvaged/scrapped (I forget the exact term) for more minerals.

Also, what happened with the alien life pods I recovered? Were the aliens exterminated upon pick up, or are they now in holding cells somewhere, but I just can't figure out where?

They get transferred to the first colony population the host ship visits, where they get interrogated over time (disappearing form the game, but effectively being turned into intelligence points about their race).

The following users thanked this post: Ametsala, thashepherd

Offline Ametsala (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I knew about salvaging wrecks, but I've never captured ship before, and I don't think I've ever scrapped a ship even in VB versions.  I tried yesterday and yes, scrapping does recover at least the intact components, which can then be disassembled.  Not sure if missiles should be disassembleable as well.  Maybe no one anywhere ever is foolhardy enough to try to disassemble a completely alien warhead.

Also, I got an Alien autopsy research project under biology/genetics, which gave me info on the aliens' environmental tolerances (gravity, temperature, oxygen, pressure).  Don't know about intelligence, though.

Offline thashepherd

• Chief Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »
...I got an Alien autopsy research project under biology/genetics, which gave me info on the aliens' environmental tolerances (gravity, temperature, oxygen, pressure).

Ok, I'm pretty sure this is a new feature that wasn't in VB and it sounds AWESOME