Author Topic: Missile / Ordance Refit  (Read 517 times)

Offline Xanithas (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
Missile / Ordance Refit
« on: April 28, 2023, 01:29:31 PM »
Hello all, I figured I would make a new post as opposed to necroing a old one.

I think missiles should be allow to be refit in the same series, say if the design is within 10-20% of the original design spec to allow for incremental upgrades for ordnance as warhead and engine tech increases / sensors become better or requirements change (I need a high or lower resolution sensor to counter a new threat or I have a better ECM tech). This would allow you to spend the difference in materials upgrading the missiles to the newer design with massive bonus to production when the older series is refit and only small components are being changed. This could also allow for dynamic changes to existing designs to create variants of missiles that can be overhauled in a pinch into something needed more (IE changing the design of a sensor bouy to be a improvised missile or changing a obsolete missile into a sensor buoy). The Military already does this with their missiles / ordnance systems (see the AF/Navy JDAM system, or the Navy's Standard Missiles/ TLAM) so it makes sense here that we should be able to do the same with far more technology.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 01:36:39 PM by Xanithas »