Author Topic: Quick Questions Thread  (Read 37792 times)

Offline DFNewb (OP)

• Captain
  • D
Re: Simple questions by me
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
A few more from me,

1. What is the annual MSP cost of a ship which stayed in orbit of a colony with adequate facilities?

2. What is the MSP cost during overhauls?

3. And in the wealth tab is that total MSP expenditure on ships accurate?

These are all answered in the version 1.0 changelog I believe.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101959#msg101959

The following users thanked this post: consiefe

Offline hostergaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • h
« Reply #391 on: May 19, 2020, 08:39:31 AM »
Guess I will use this threat to ask my simple question. When you assign commander priority in ship design (Miscellaneous) how is it prioritized? Higher or lower? If I give one ship 3 and the other 7 which one will get assigned a commander first?

And please don't link to Steves update, I read it, and it did not clarify for me which way around it was.

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #392 on: May 19, 2020, 08:49:11 AM »
Higher is higher, that is what the update said.
si vis pacem, para bellum

The following users thanked this post: hostergaard

Offline hostergaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • h
« Reply #393 on: May 19, 2020, 09:06:40 AM »

Possibly, but it's rather unclear. As far as I can tell it just says higher priority but that is not necessarily the same as the higher number. And it says descending order, but not from what point of view. But hey, thanks anyway! 

The following users thanked this post: Ri0Rdian

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #394 on: May 19, 2020, 03:46:03 PM »
Is there a way to see the distance to a potential target from the ship combat screen?

Offline Ri0Rdian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: Ri0Rdian#3639
« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »

Possibly, but it's rather unclear. As far as I can tell it just says higher priority but that is not necessarily the same as the higher number. And it says descending order, but not from what point of view. But hey, thanks anyway!

I am not sure either since I remember reading something about a change because it was confusing. Well, I guess that did not help much  ;D

But from reading his post in that topic, and assuming it follows same logic as the priority that is used for different ships, it would be lower priority number = higher priority. Asteroid miners and stuff are like 8-9+, lowest priority.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2020, 04:22:53 PM »
3. And in the wealth tab is that total MSP expenditure on ships accurate?

The MSP cost on the wealth tab is not the MSP used to maintain ships, it is the wealth (and minerals) used to manufacture MSP at your maintenance facilities.

The following users thanked this post: consiefe

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2020, 08:09:30 PM »
I'll add my own quick question:

Can you buy civilian infrastructure? It says on my wealth/trade tab that there is almost 40,000 units of infrastructure available for export and I'd love to get my hands on it.

And is there a way to make buying from civilian mines the default setting? I don't want to miss out on any resources.

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2020, 08:14:43 PM »

Can you buy civilian infrastructure? It says on my wealth/trade tab that there is almost 40,000 units of infrastructure available for export and I'd love to get my hands on it.

And is there a way to make buying from civilian mines the default setting? I don't want to miss out on any resources.

They are free infrastructure for you already. I generally start up a colony with a stable JP and a few hundred inf. Rest is handled by free trade by civs.

When you get the event about CMC has established, you can choose to purchase. AFAIK not by default choice.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2020, 08:43:08 PM »

Civvies will automatically move infrastructure available for export to any colony that has an import requirement, and they will pay you for the privilege.

I don't think there is any way to default all CMCs to purchase mode, but you should think hard about whether you really want to buy all CMC output. It is much cheaper in the long run to develop your own mining capacity.

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #400 on: May 19, 2020, 08:47:50 PM »

Civvies will automatically move infrastructure available for export to any colony that has an import requirement, and they will pay you for the privilege.

I don't think there is any way to default all CMCs to purchase mode, but you should think hard about whether you really want to buy all CMC output. It is much cheaper in the long run to develop your own mining capacity.

I can confirm that import request isn't required for civvies to bring tonnes of tonnes infrastructure. If they think that is required, they don't hesitate.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #401 on: May 19, 2020, 09:07:29 PM »
Okay, another question that just came up.

Why aren't my tankers refueling my stranded cargo ships? The tankers are flagged as such, have 100% fuel, and a fuel transfer system. I send them to go to my fleet and 'Refuel from Own Tanks", it says they completed the task but my supply ships are still empty. I use the 'Join and Refuel Target Fleet" and that worked, but its a lot more annoying than the first option.

What does 'Refuel from Own Tanks" do? I thought it was to send a fleet to transfer fuel to the target fleet without merging.

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #402 on: May 19, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
Okay, another question that just came up.

Why aren't my tankers refueling my stranded cargo ships? The tankers are flagged as such, have 100% fuel, and a fuel transfer system. I send them to go to my fleet and 'Refuel from Own Tanks", it says they completed the task but my supply ships are still empty. I use the 'Join and Refuel Target Fleet" and that worked, but its a lot more annoying than the first option.

What does 'Refuel from Own Tanks" do? I thought it was to send a fleet to transfer fuel to the target fleet without merging.

Maybe both fleets need to be stationary, otherwise it just might not be implemented yet.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #403 on: May 19, 2020, 09:17:40 PM »

So did I, but it means something else. You are giving your fleet an order to refuel itself, from the tankers in the fleet.
You might issue this order after an absorb fleet order.

Currently, there is no way to tell fleet A to give fuel to fleet B. You can only tell fleet B to take fuel from fleet A, or join the fleets together.
Hopefully this is something Steve will add in the near future.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #404 on: May 19, 2020, 09:49:04 PM »
Well, now I had another fleet of transport ships stranded and sent a full tanker to merge and refuel, but now they decided not to refuel. I have the individual ships set to refuel own fleet so I can only hazard a guess as to what this black magic bullsmeg is.

EDIT:

Turns out I had to delete movement orders to get them to refuel.

Somewhat related, is there a way to delay cycling orders? I want my fuel convoys to only go and get fuel from the platforms once a year or so so the rest of the time they can stay at Earth on emergency fuel duty.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:53:20 PM by BasileusMaximos »