Author Topic: Emergency Repairs and SA  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Tregonsee (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Emergency Repairs and SA
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »
How can one conduct and/or note emergency repairs in SA?  Not damage control (resetting shields), but jury-rigging systems, and will SA know that the systems are jury-rigged in order to use those rules (going back into combat can cause those repairs to go bad)?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Emergency Repairs and SA
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »
How can one conduct and/or note emergency repairs in SA?  Not damage control (resetting shields), but jury-rigging systems, and will SA know that the systems are jury-rigged in order to use those rules (going back into combat can cause those repairs to go bad)?

I haven't even run SA in several years so I don't know for sure. However, I don't remember differentiating between the two. I know there are people still using it on a regular basis so maybe one of them could correct me if I'm wrong (or confirm I am right :))

Steve

Offline Tregonsee (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »
In SA 7.0 or so, in the Individual Unit screen (F6), there is a NC Damage button, but I don't understand how to use it.

Serviceegb

Emergency Repairs and SA
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:49:33 AM »
Emergency repairs typically only happen when you capture a pirate ship that was only a couple more cannon hits away from sinking.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 02:14:13 AM »
SA doesn't track emergency repairs so far as I can tell.  I had to use emergency repairs on one ship in the last battle otherwise I'd have had to scuttle it, as the Qs has no back up lifesupport.  The only thing you can do is record it in the notes for the ship and manually allocate damage to the ship in combat.