Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 10884 times)

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2024, 04:43:35 PM »
Stabilizing an LP point on a planet with an elliptical orbit appears to place the LP where it would go if the orbit was circular (or I'm assuming that's what it's doing - it's certainly not placing them on the orbital line.)

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2024, 09:07:02 AM »
Stabilizing an LP point on a planet with an elliptical orbit appears to place the LP where it would go if the orbit was circular (or I'm assuming that's what it's doing - it's certainly not placing them on the orbital line.)

Have you advanced game time since the LP was completed?
Prior to eccentricity being added, there was a bug in the displayed position of the LP upon completion, but the position updated correctly after time was advanced (possibly not until the next construction cycle).
Perhaps this is just a different presentation of the same bug.

The following users thanked this post: AlStar

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2024, 04:19:14 PM »
Looks like you're correct - I went back to the system in question and the LP is now on the planet's track.

I'm not sure when, exactly, it updated - but I know that it wasn't instantly, because I saw my stabilization ship make its way to the LP after it created it.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2024, 09:08:11 AM »
EDIT: Ignore this one. It was already fixed in the 2.5.1 patch.

Summary: Dormant construct bonus apparently being applied to local research.

I did a non-Sol start by making a new system with the "Create Habitable" button, and making a race on the generated homeworld with the "Create Race" button.

The HW has a dormant construct. I have not yet developed the technology to investigate it.

However, the Research tab seems to be including a 40% bonus for Ground Combat research projects.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 11:49:47 AM by skoormit »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2024, 11:53:14 AM »
Loading multiples of the same ship design component on a freighter only uses the space of one component.

I loaded eight Boat Bay components (size 5.25HS = 262.5t ea.) onto a freighter with 5000 cargo capacity.
After loading, reported remaining capacity is 4737, which indicates that only a single Boat Bay is being subtracted from total capacity.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2024, 11:15:30 AM »
Training a XENO unit does not initiate Dormant Construct survey on the same body.

My HW (non-Sol start) has an Ancient Construct, which was dormant at game start.
After some years, I finally constructed a XENO ground unit.
I left the unit on the HW and waited for it to survey the construct.

And I waited.
And waited.
And waited.

After 9+ years of no results, I loaded the unit on a transport, and immediately unloaded the unit back to the surface.
Five months later, the construct was reported as surveyed.

So, it seems like the code only starts calculating construct survey chances after a XENO unit is unloaded onto the body.
Training a unit locally does not seem to trigger it.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2024, 04:25:18 PM »
Fire Control Jammer 3 seems to have the wrong cost of 60 , the other level 3 jammers have a cost of 30 and all the level 12,4 jammer costs are identical, fire control jammer 4 costs 40

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2024, 05:27:49 AM »
I designed and researched an infantry unit, then obsoleded it because it wasn't what I wanted. It is now appearing under the power and propulsion research tab as researcheable race-designed engine  ???

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2024, 06:22:13 AM »
I designed and researched an infantry unit, then obsoleded it because it wasn't what I wanted. It is now appearing under the power and propulsion research tab as researcheable race-designed engine  ???

There used to be a similar bug that could happen if you had two Create Research Project windows at the same time when you designed a component to research.

Regardless, you should be able to just delete the tech from the Research screen.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2024, 01:00:32 PM »
In the Medal Management window, the Medal Conditions tab does not correctly reflect the medals of the current race in cases of multiple player races. In other words, in a game with multiple player races, if I set medal conditions for Player Race 1, then switch to Player Race 2, the medals shown in the Medal Conditions tab will show medals from Player Race 1 (regardless of whether Player Race 2 has set a medal for that condition).

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2024, 06:43:44 AM »
"Show Next Tech" checkbox does not affect the Engine Power dropdown.

On the Create Research Project window, with Engines selected as the type, there are five further dropdowns:

Engine Tech
Engine Power
Fuel Consumption
Thermal Reduction
Engine Size

My current tech is:
Nuclear Pulse
40%-200%
0.8LEPH
50% Thermal
60HS max

When I tick the Show Next Tech checkbox, the dropdown lists repopulate with the options that will become available when I complete the next associated tech.
Except for Engine Power, which still only has the options from 40% to 200%.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2024, 06:20:56 PM »
Tractored ships with engines will use fuel as if they were moving under their own power under certain conditions. I believe the bug shows up if the tractored ship has moved on its own without being tractored since the last time the game was opened. I was able to reproduce the issue in a fresh game using the following steps:
  • Make two tugs and two other ships with engines, e.g. fuel harvesters
  • Order Harvester 1 to move to Luna, leave the other one at Earth
  • Order Tug 1 to tractor Harvester 1 and Tug 2 to tractor Harvester 2
  • Order both tugs to move to Neptune. Harvester 1 will use fuel while being tugged; Harvester 2 will not.
  • Save, close, and reopen the game, and neither one will use fuel
I confirmed I'm using version 2.5.1.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit