Author Topic: Comment section  (Read 5255 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: Comment section
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:38 PM »
thanks for the kind words, I will be starting up again soon, just been taking a small break.

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
You've posted a lot without comments so I thought I would drop in and thank you for carrying on with your posts.

Love the last one, you capture something of the thirst for revenge and something of the feeling of disappointment that there was not something out there to punish. Human nature is nasty when you look at it closely.

Anyway, as is customary with encouragement posts....

Update please :)

On a more serious note, what version are you playing and will you continue this after 5.40 is released?
My Newbie AAR

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
This part is still version 5.2, but I have transfered data to 5.3 by rebuilding the map and planets from scratch although its not exactly the same and I have lost shipping lines etc etc. I did make it as close as possible.

Although I did lose all the worm holes and spoiler craft, but I can keep the story going under this pretext, but if I am to change to 5.4 I really hoping its not another database change. Steve if your listening if your going to do a 5.4, please do a script to update 5.3, otherwise create a export/import button. I might ask for the designer code otherwise, I made a fair bit of headway in planet discovery.

Worse case scenario I will do what I have done with 5.3 and carry on into 5.4, even though minerals and planet change, I can still get enough of the information to be similar. Even if it takes me more then a day this time.

Thanks for you comments MattyD
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:43:05 PM by ardem »

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your story.  I like the way it's written by the opposition.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 08:18:59 PM »
Thanks ShadoCat,

I had not looked at it that way before, that is, ORK being the opposition, in many respect they are the opposition and in other respects that are on the same side as the general population and have sympathy for the average person.

I guess, politically its a little complex, with supporters and detractors, as well as governments inside governments. In many respect even I don't know how it going to play out in that way, and using the little tidbits of information to create the story similarly to the unusual number of accidents for the UEF Commanders to create a story from it.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
New Beginnings, the new installment of BrightStar may have some slight changes to the original the reason being I have upgraded from 2.20 to now 2.45, the process to do this was as follows

- Created new game, setting the game at 2133
- Added 28 systems (actually probably more like 200 systems and deleted), then renamed the 28 systems to match as close as possible to the previous systems.
- Linked the systems and jumpoints
- Since the Arae had been wiped from previous game NPR were not an issue, just added ruins to those planets
- All colonies changed the number of installations to be as they were at 2133
- Research Added
- Tech created
- Ships added
- Minerals changed on Colony and mining planets only ( to much work to change them on all planets)

Issues I could not fix, was the wormholes, invaders or NPRs I have not met

All these have been wiped from the system

Earth still has a Sorium Crisis, and shortly a Uridium crisis.

Anyway all completed and 5.42 continues will begin shortly

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »
New style works for me.  :D

When matching up old and new systems when transferring to the latest version what were your criteria? Did the star class and planetary data have to match and how close did you require that match to be?

Regards
IanD

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »
Star data matching way primary about habitable planets costing. So if the planetary map showed 1 Blue, 1 light blue and 1 purple. I would aim for that.

Also single planet systems were easy to match and asteroid systems and no planet systems.

Also I made sure the single/ binary/ trinary was the same.

All primary systems, I copied over the mineral data, manually. Since the majority of the systems never had colonies, I decided the rest should lose there original survey data.

But there are systems with more planet or less planets, but with tinkering with the database I did not feel the effort would be worth it and it would possibly break it.

Manually copied and created all jumppoints

Colonies I copied across manually, although did give a boost in populations for the 10 year difference and also lessened Earth population due to migration.

It took be about 12-16 hours to get it close, I did think about Commander data but I thought it be too hard the 10 year gap and the turmoil allowed the cover that commanders would be relieved and replaced.

The known ruins were ported, there was always ruins on 'barnwell and lacialle"

At the moment Invaders are lacking but I will switch them on further in the story. Star swarm is in. Precursors are in what the Humans call Araes.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:21:26 PM by ardem »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 03:48:04 AM »
Hi Ardem Have you double posted in your last bulletin?
Regards
IanD

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »
thanks for that I had.

I do it all in word and then paste it in when I finish a year. Must of got some mixed in some how.

Thanks for the pickup

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »
I really liked the battle diagrams you had in the previous post in the 2165 thread. Just like looking at diagrams in naval history books.

Steve

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »
That was the aspect I was aiming for, thanks Steve.