Author Topic: 2025-2040 Earth Union Baby Steps  (Read 2957 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
2025-2040 Earth Union Baby Steps
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:11:16 AM »
#$. . . . . . 1. 1. 2025
Channel 72 New Flash. . . .

Chief Director Donnie Doerr has been appointed the first Chief Director of the Earth Union, the vote was announced by the 8 Nation Primary Council on the first day of the New Year.  The council believe it is the dawning of a new era of Earth's history.

The Chief Director Doerr has said his primary goals is "time for Earth reach out its hand to the galaxy".

The Chief Director meet first with Earth Union force commanders, and settled any fears of widespread changes.  Rear Admiral Santo Ohare made a comment after the meeting, expressing his delight and pleasure to work with the Alpha One, the Chief Director Codename.  

On other news BrightStar has stated it will continue to use the branding of its latest acquisition of Boeing Industries, a spokesman has . . . . .

#$. . . . . . . . . . .

Fade in peeps!

Skymaster here, well let dissect this report, Chief Director, what a laugh.  Do you know why they named the position Chief Director, 1.  so BS can make being corporate acceptable and 2.  for future planning every other colony will have the term Director.

And Doerr as Alpha1 what a laugh he only got the role, his political reliability aka reliability to BS was more intact  then the others.  Let sweep the fact he is an alcoholic and has a huge self esteem issue.  Probably to do with the fact he is a fat German industrialist.

Anyway down to the real news I have received information that several BrightStar affiliated research facilities have made some major advancements very very fast, have a look at the list and can anyone say Roswell fast enough.

Beta Shields                                         Jump Drives Effeciency 5
High Density Duranium                            Nuclear Pulse Engine
Jump Gate Construction Module                Pebble Bed Reactor
20cm Carronade                                    Active Grav Sensor Strength 16
Thermal Sensor Sensitivity 6                    EM Sensor Sensitivity 6

There are more around tracking and sensors but the details are too much for a layman like me, I hope to pass them on to a Geekette I know to make heads or tails of it.  But with these version numbers it looks like this research has been around for decades not years.  It seems the Roswell and BrightStar connection is stronger then I thought, time for some data digging.

Til you Fade SM.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:07:03 AM by ardem »

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: 2025-
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 07:02:22 AM »
Newsbytes > last 12 months > tagged by SM

Searching. . . . . . . . . . .

#$. . . . . . 3. 1. 2025
Dr Witschi has completed the first Military Laser Prototype 10cm C2 Infrared Laser

#$. . . . . . 4. 1. 2025
BrightStar Research signs a deal for the first Nuclear Pulse Drive to Saturn, the Saturn NPE40 E9 goes into production soon.

#$. . . . . . 5. 1. 2025
Seasprite S5R2 Missile Launcher first test launch.
Chief Director visits factory producing colony infrastructure modules, production moving along well

#$. . . . . . 6. 1. 2025
Photo of Dr Shirley Hackshaw standing inside a forcefield while kids fire toy stun lasers at her.  Production of Beta R300/13. 5 Shields soon.
Navy tests CIWS-120 with mixed results, they hope to iron it our before production.

#$. . . . . . 7. 1. 2025
Navy hush hush on new Electronic Detection Sensors

SEARCH ENDS

#$. . . . . . 12. 10. 2025

Fade in Peeps.

Heads up out there I have got the specifications for the new ship in drydock ready to be launched into space, seems I have a new friend out there at the Odense Steel shipyards. 
Code: [Select]
Fletcher class Geosurvey Ship    800 tons     73 Crew     172.8 BP      TCS 16  TH 40  EM 0
2500 km/s     Armour 1-7     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/1     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Annual Failure Rate: 5%    IFR: 0.1%    Maint Capacity 135 MSP    Max Repair 100 MSP    Est Time: 6.77 Years

Saturn NPE40 E9 (1)    Power 40    Fuel Use 90%    Signature 40    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 125.0 billion km   (578 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour

and I have the specs for there new class as well, we not only looking at pooing in our own backyard.
Coontz class Gravsurvey Ship    800 tons     73 Crew     172.8 BP      TCS 16  TH 40  EM 0
2500 km/s     Armour 1-7     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/1/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Annual Failure Rate: 5%    IFR: 0.1%    Maint Capacity 135 MSP    Max Repair 100 MSP    Est Time: 6.77 Years

Saturn NPE40 E9 (1)    Power 40    Fuel Use 90%    Signature 40    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 125.0 billion km   (578 days at full power)

Gravitational Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour

I bet the fanfare on launch will be something to behold, Alpha 1 will be gloating the new world order is working.

Till you Fade Out

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 01:07:08 AM »
#$. . . . . . . . *&. $&. 2026

&$#*error co*#ecting . . . . . . .

Fade in.

Well have I got a story for you peeps.  After much fan fare on the launch of "Fletcher" at the beginning of the year, things got a little hot under the collar for this news jockey.  To start from the beginning, the information I brought to you about the specifications of the two survey ships, started the creation of a special espionage team to track down any strange occurrences on Earth as well as to root out subversive behaviour.  Its on public record you can check it out.

The worlds watched in amazement at the sky as Fletcher flitted from one celestial body to the next, engrossing the world with fantastic images, and scientists enormous data feeds, which pertained mineral compositions of the different moons and planets in our solar system.  The speed of the new drive engines, allowed new information every month it was astounding.

While the world was looking up I was looking down.  I began an investigative journey since January to May, searching the link between BrightStar and Roswell and it has been foot pounding activities.  The records are not digital and need to be accessed via written commentaries, old newspaper clippings and even some ancient light and screen type technology, it looks like a computer screen but with no computer, I think they called it a fish.

There were some links, not with BrightStar as such but with individuals who have worked with BrightStar and certain technology firms, that were suppose to have analysed Roswell crash components.  I say suppose to, as it is all here-say and no hard evidence.

All this shaking the tree, actually cause the falling of an apple.  I got a suspicious email, it came from a military address but something that was encrypted and I could not track down.  It lead me to several interesting leads with interviews I have been conducting, these are all exBrightStar employees, they mentioned that on one occasion there was a project so sensitive, that staff needed to exit the building while the project was shifted to another site.

I was hoping the seeds I had been given were going be planted and bear an abundance of fruit, my contact emailed me a second time he gave me a link to a Military informational site, the link directed me to the newly developed Jump Drive, there has been speculation that the military was close to a break through, but nobody knew when.  A day later a follow up email came  with full specification on a military class vessel capable of visiting other solar systems.

My friends let me tell you I sat there with my mouth open for 2 hours.  I am releasing here the proposed designs of the first deep space survey ship.
Brooklyn class Deep Space Survey Ship    7,400 tons     735 Crew     1068.4 BP      TCS 148  TH 200  EM 60
1351 km/s    JR 3-50     Armour 3-33     Shields 2-300     Sensors 12/12/1/1     Damage Control Rating 7     PPV 25
Annual Failure Rate: 62%    IFR: 0.9%    Maint Capacity 632 MSP    Max Repair 225 MSP    Est Time: 2.5 Years
Magazine 25   

RollsRoyce J7500(3-50) Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 7500 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3
Saturn NPE40 E9 (5)    Power 40    Fuel Use 90%    Signature 40    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres    Range 40.5 billion km   (347 days at full power)
Beta R300/13.5 Shields (1)   Total Fuel Cost  14 Litres per day

CIWS-120 (2x4)    Range 1000 km     TS: 12000 km/s     ROF 5       Base 50% To Hit
Seasprite S5R2 Missile Launcher (5)    Missile Size 5    Rate of Fire 75
Missile Fire Control FC57-R100 (1)     Range 57.6m km    Resolution 100

Active Search Sensor MR19-R100 (1)     GPS 3200     Range 19.2m km    Resolution 100
Thermal Sensor TH2-12 (1)     Sensitivity 12     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  12m km
EM Detection Sensor EM2-12 (1)     Sensitivity 12     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  12m km
Gravitational Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour
Geological Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour

My contact has gone quiet and it now New Years Again.  I am not sure why, but I am fearful for their life.  I did some minor searching on Military Staff officers, I am thinking the data I have been given it can only reside in that paygrade.

One officers details I noted in the public military online personnel records. 
"Lt Commander Weston Seagraves has developed a significant medical problems which will effect his long term health.  He was relieved of duty by Commander Richie Schweitzer. "

Since then I have had several attacks on my computer and I have been moving from location to location.  As long as my meat body can escape while they hit me digitally, I will continue to submit these reports, although I am not sure when.

Till I Fade Out. . .

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:38:48 PM »
#$. . . . . . 9. 1. 2028

Fade In

Two years have almost flown by, I was drawn to a public news feed over mystery manufacturing in the Nevada desert, I was able to gleam that these structures were for a Mar Colony, not a new story in itself, as we knew that  Mars Colony was on the Earth union radar.  The structures produced also had some automated mining facilities, all registered to you know who BrightStar.

I then followed up another lead, in two commercial space ship yards that have laid dormant for some time, were now activated.  I was able to gain entry on a visitors pass under the guise of the local university gathering information on waste disposal.  There laid before me were 2 Behemoths with rather large BS logos on the bow.  Minion Class freighters I was told capable of moving 30,000 ton of cargo. 

The Mars Colony was definitely a BrightStar  product signed and sealed to there corporate empire.

Well as the freighters moved the heavy infrastructure month after month, I needed to go the draw of the stars, I was able to get a job as a construction laborer, not all new jocks are tiny you know.  And now here I stand in a Mars Colony almost complete, now ready to populate it is an amazing piece of human
dedication and triumph over the elements.

I also got a news feed that the 3 Palleon colony transports built for the purpose of bring 2. 26 million people here are on there way and will be here in a few day.  The new administrator or should I say 'Director' Donovan Blayney took over recently and been sending time with the local garrison commander in security protocols.

I have noticed another corporate who is not on BrightStar's company registrar, a shipping line by the name of Grisson Container Limited, they also seem to have interest in space.  There Minion Class freighters have been grown rapidly, I have now seen 3 at these docks maybe BrightStar needs to look over its shoulder.

Till I Fade.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 12:06:44 AM »
#$.    .    .    .    .    .    7.    12.    2029

If only I could be a fly on the wall.     I am going to post a few news feeds from the last Mars News Channel.     Yes there is only one news channel and it is not even hidden BrightStar News 1, as if they will make another one.   

"On corporate news Chief Geologist Ara Molovian, has quit over a scandal which has left BrightStar with low stock prices this month and into the near future.     The blunder occurred as mineral sources on the Mars Colony were not found, original surveys were disregarded as "could not be true".     BrightStar CEO Amnada Harris has stated " Although this error is unfortunate, our plans for Mars has not changed and will still have world class construction facilities and research centres.     Its location and difference to Earth make it prime candit for this vision.     Thank you.    "

BrightStar sent 87 Automated mine facilities to Mars and not a single facility can be used, what a joke.     That must of been the biggest corporate blunder in the history of mankind.     Oh my sides hurt after this announcement, which followed a mere month after Mars was populated and found bare of resources.   

"Earth Union has established the first mining facility on a Moon.     The moon called 'Titan' is one of the moons that orbit Saturn and is rich with vast resources.    .    .    "

After a little digging it is not Earth Union as they only concentrate on Military and Exploration only, BrightStar new rival Grisson Containers Limited, the news in Mars is what I expected, a corporate whitewash of reality.     But the longer I stay here the higher my security grade advances, enough to gain some really internal information.   

Also recently Grisson also put a mining facility on 'the' moon, seems BrightStar going to need to pay a price for those minerals.   

Till we all fade.   
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:13:12 AM by ardem »

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 06:22:49 AM »
$#......10.28.2032

Fade In

The last few years my journalistic work has taken a backseat, I got a job doing long haul runs for Grisson, with their commercial freighters. Grisson have been setting up Mining Posts everywhere and deploying automated mines as fast as they can.

Earth Union Forces suffered its first major accident aboard the GV Coontz, the story suggests that while on a routine survey in our solar system, the Coontz hit a piece of space junk and punctured a compartment. The outer doors would not seal, so Commander John Houghton entered the room and closed the room from the inside. His heroic efforts saved the entire crew. He was honour in the EUF Space Hall, a new holographic facility on Earth, where you can enter the hall and see the deceased, their final moments if captured and various other pieces of information.

If you ask me, its very morbid.

Mars is growing, and infrastructure is being shipped in as fast as the colony ships offload, and funny enough the automated mines that were misdirected, Grisson have bought for their Mines.

Grisson is now becoming an economic force, although I have no illusions over my current employer. Grisson is just as manipulative and conniving as BrightStar but there is no hidden agenda with Grisson. Money is the only thing that matters.

Currently I am following up on an interesting report, which could change how we perceive our first Intersellar Star Captain Galen Weatherford.

Galen Weatherford
Born 18th June 1996 in Liverpool, England
Commissioned into the Royal Navy 2017: Age 21 (Restricted Access)
Commissioned Earth Union Forces 1st January 2025: Age 29
Promoted to Captain 1st January 2025: Age 29
Assigned to Brooklyn (Brooklyn Class Deep Space Survey) 6th June 2030
First Interstellar Space Jump 8th August 2030 to the Proxima Centauri System

Psychology Report specifics "Galen is a born leader, conscientious and disciplined but he can on occasion be impatient"

The last part of the report first picked up my interest, the reason being although this great star captain was a good choice for the first interstellar flight he was also second choice.

Captain Marge Winton, was EUF's first choice, but as the first rivet was laid into the Brooklyn, she mysterious ran off the road into a power pole. Police reported it as an accident, that she fell asleep at the wheel. But a clear night, no traffic and with the accident happening at around 9pm after she just came off 48 hour leave. I don't think it was sleep that forced her off the road.

Weatherford had motive, he was at the same base as Winton and he had the ability. This whole situation does not sit right with me. I will keep digging.

Meanwhile we have to look at the first space medal on 'his' chest and the newly erect monument, if you ever visit Liverpool.

Anyway off on another long haul

Till I Fade.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:38:10 AM by ardem »

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 06:55:53 AM »
#$......11.26.2034

The good thing about long haul flights, "cryogenics", and often. I come out every 12 months, spend a few weeks catching up and trawling through deep searches I have activated and then back into the big freeze. My friends are 12 months older and I am 12 months younger than them.

It a great lifestyle, I have decided my role in this lifetime is to document a version of history steeped in truth not the bitter wish-wash of misinformation or general day to day tabloids that fill the lives with nonsense.

Scribes, that is what they were called in the old days was almost a religious calling and this is what needs to be brought back. Respected and honour tradition.

From the last entry Galen's searches have not brought back anything useful and he has mapped and discovered more star systems, making him very popular which makes deep search impossible as they are clogged with misinformation and information not fit to be read, before morning breakfast, or after for that matter.

The news feeds that have made the SkyMasters history cycle. The reports have me wondering how fast the world is turning and yet the spinning cycles have not created a great deal of motion for create leap in humanity.

20th January 2033 ,Sol,A civilian mining colony has been established on Sol-A Asteroid #83 - Wow! we now are mining large asteriods, I guess this is due to stripping our own planet bare and the moon is well on the way. Titan will take years to deplete. Another asteroid colony was set up soon after, on #318.

25th August 2033,Sol,Madison (Brooklyn MkII class) built in Earth's Odense Steel Shipyard. Captai Loren Fricks is to assume command. Our second interstellar ship is ready for exploration, I cannot wait for our first interstellar colony.

6th September 2034 ,Sol,Gravitational Survey Completed in the Sol system. The system has a total of 5 jump points - Well there is the first of five star systems to explore, to exploit, to colonize and to continue to spread the cancer know as the human race. Yes very dark I know.

Officer EAF Changes
Colonel Lindsay Savoy, 3rd Mobile Infantry Battalion - Killed Training Accident
Brigadier General Kurogane Masami, 1st Heavy Assault Battalion - Retired due to heart issues

Till I Fade

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »
#$......3.4.2038

Well the news is good, cryogenics are not impacting my ability to procreate , I just come off my long haul and learnt I have 3 years of child support due. What a mixed up world this will be, soon a son may be the same age as his father, within a short span of life.

His mother wants nothing to do with me, which is fine by me, the money I get will help them a little. I have no need for it, I have become what others are calling our profession Ranidaes, some frog on earth that hibernates in cold climates, even under water and do not need to breath.

Well like last news reports the deep searches have not pull anything that has jar me from my lifestyle, but show the continual strive for perceptual motion.

21st January 2035 ,Sol,New Shipping Line created: Cao Shipping Alliance - This line is looking at developing colony ships for transport. It is the equivalent to P&O of the last century.

12th December 2035 ,Ross 154 System Discovered by DSS Madison

9th December 2036 ,Sol,Wingate (Brooklyn class) built n Earth's Odense Steel Shipyard, Commander Jeanne Knapper assigned

8th May 2037 ,Struve 2398,An exploration of a jump point in the Barnards Star system has revealed the new system of Struve 2398 - The first double jump from Earth, yet Earth is woeful under prepared for anything outside viewing empty space.

7th December 2037 ,Van Maanens Star,An exploration of a jump point in the Epsilon Eridani system has revealed the new system of Van Maanens Star

4th March 2038 ,Epsilon Indi,An exploration of a jump point in the Epsilon Eridani system has revealed the new system of Epsilon Indi

Officer EUF Changes
Commander Darlene Balkey, Operations Officer, Fleet Headquarters - Killed in Motorbike Accident

------------------------------------------------

Since we have three Deep Survey Ships, there is more systems explored for natural habitats, Earth Union say they are looking for the perfect plant to colonize. After the Mars test bed, the costs are prohibitive for infrastructure based colonies.

Chief Director's 15 years stewardship is fast approaching, it would be good for fresh blood, but I agree that to politicise the position, and create smaller terms would make the stewardship position unstable. Anyway they are a figurehead for the departments below them, and just a BrightStar pawn in my humble opinion.

Till I Fade

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 07:05:49 AM »
#$.......7.20.2040

Tagged News Feed Download.....

10th June 2038  - The civilian mining colony on Titan has been expanded to 3 civilian mining complexes

20th July 2038  - Norvell Shipping Company has launched a new Minion class Freighter

25th July 2039  - A team on Earth led by Brian Grinstead has completed research into Hyper Drive Size Multiplier 2.0

15th July 2040  - Sorium Shortages on Earth

As you can see Titan has been expanding slowly, this is where many of my flights have been going. On comparison with the Moon, Titan is running at snail pace. The moon currently has 8 facilities, and does not look at slowing down, the corps are raping that place. Since there is no environs, they are people who care about the environment and try and put a stop to corporate mismanagement, the moon is a free mining zone. Some people on Earth have said "on a night with a full moon, you can see a cloud ring that makes moon look like Saturn", although I think the stories are exaggerated.

Norvell Shipping is a new player is expanding slowly in the corporate field, although BrightStar gobbles up all the Earth Union contracts, occasionally a fresh order is tossed in the ocean like burley, and new space companies tear each other apart to rise, some make it.

The HyperDrive engine, the far majority of people do no know how this technology is to be used, jump engines are in all the deep survey vessels and we really have not colonised outside our Solar system, although that is about to change.

The Idiots in power, I use the term "moderately" have stripped Earth of all the Sorium, they thought they could mine Neptune as it was surveyed with abundance of the mineral. All they needed was to obtain some type of harvesting technology.

What they did not know Sorium has a short lifecycle on a Gas planet and needs to be collected and turned into fuel on the spot. This leaves earth with a small amount of Sorium on Venus and Asteroids, there is plans for Venus but the asteroids are not worth the effort. Sorium is needed for Jump Technology and ship building, the search is on now to find a source in mineral in another solar system, currently the process is slow, as Earth Union Forces need to rebuild its Deep Survey Fleet for longer range, this means they need Sorium.

Reminds me of the old child song "There is a hole in the bucket"

Auf Wiedersehen Chief Director Doerr

Good Afternoon Chief Director Donovan Blayney, although this English toffee looks quite incompetent, previously he was Titan's Director and as you can see Titan is not what I call the model of productivity. As you can see we have come full circle.