Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Bgreman (OP)

• Lt. Commander
Two Questions
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:04:37 PM »
1) What happened to the internal armor rating options for reactors, engines, etc?  Does it require a certain armor tech before it appears?  It would appear only magazines have an internal armor rating now, and I can't find anywhere on this forum that indicates when this was changed.

2) What does the "efficiency" part of the fuel/power option for reactors do?  Do reactors consume fuel?  If so, what is the fuel consumption?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:29:03 AM »
1)Internal armour for systems other than magazines did almost nothing and was a hold over from a much earlier version of the game. I beleive there is an argument that increased htk for magazines is pointless

2) Reactors don't use Fuel. The Fuel efficiency tech effects shields and Engines which do

Offline Bgreman (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »
1)Internal armour for systems other than magazines did almost nothing and was a hold over from a much earlier version of the game. I beleive there is an argument that increased htk for magazines is pointless

2) Reactors don't use Fuel. The Fuel efficiency tech effects shields and Engines which do

I believe I found the posts where Steve mentioned the removal of internal armor.  The problem was that, as an American, I was searching for "internal armor" instead of "internal amour".

I guess the Power vs. Efficiency tech for reactors is the same as for engines and shields to avoid having to create a separate one, and it just doesn't use the efficiency portion.  Thanks!

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »
For 'amour' I recomend the courtly love rules of Pendragon  :)

Offline Bgreman (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »
For 'amour' I recomend the courtly love rules of Pendragon  :)

:P

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
More efficient reactors are less likely to blow up if hit. Generally though Aurora is about lethal environment combat, if your ships are getting hit by something, they are going to die.