Author Topic: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 43007 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
I also had the described problems with the original database, which, even after the race deletion maneuver, was 170mb big in the end without containing an actual game.

Also, a new thing that hasn't been posted yet: The colony window (economics, building queues etc.) had been invisible. I could see the miniaturized preview down when hovering over windows tabs, but when selected, it was completely translucent for some reason.
The clean database version doesn't have that issue luckily, but it might be an issue coming with more loaded games later?
Anyway, the deletion issue is still there though. I created a quick test game and then deleted it, but the mdb kept its new raised size of now 21mb instead of clean 18mb, which seems like would just keep accumulating. (done in admin mode)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 05:20:09 PM »
Another thing. Starting a new game with the blank database you just provided, I see a bunch of components that can be researched which are, I imagine, from your old game.

I am on a conventional start, so there's no way I can just proceed to research Epsilon R300/432 shields :P

No big deal though, they can just be all deleted so no rush.

EDIT: no, there's a problem with this blank save. I don't know what but... I set up everything,  started with 5 day intervals.

Suddenly most celestial bodies in Sol teleported around the system, forming a straight line from the sun outwards. And that line turns anti clockwise, just like a reversed clock. Creepy :)

Also a small thing which pertains to your changes to fuel. In conventional mode, because of the fuel production of the conventional industries, every 5 days there's an interrupt for "mineral shortage: soorium". So one has to do one month intervals, or accept not using autoturns until building enough mines.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:42:23 PM by Zincat »

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 05:51:10 PM »
Also, a new thing that hasn't been posted yet: The colony window (economics, building queues etc.) had been invisible. I could see the miniaturized preview down when hovering over windows tabs, but when selected, it was completely translucent for some reason.
The window coordinates are a bit wonky I think - close the economics screen, go Miscellaneous>Reset window positions and open economics again. That should fix it.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 07:06:56 PM »
EDIT: no, there's a problem with this blank save. I don't know what but... I set up everything,  started with 5 day intervals.

Suddenly most celestial bodies in Sol teleported around the system, forming a straight line from the sun outwards. And that line turns anti clockwise, just like a reversed clock. Creepy :)

Those are all your asteroids....  I wonder if that last minute change to that double appearing asteroid caused this somehow?
The - might possibly cause the database to zero the coordinates and reverse the orbit of all bodies maybe?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:09:21 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »
I also had the described problems with the original database, which, even after the race deletion maneuver, was 170mb big in the end without containing an actual game.

The clean database version doesn't have that issue luckily, but it might be an issue coming with more loaded games later?
Anyway, the deletion issue is still there though. I created a quick test game and then deleted it, but the mdb kept its new raised size of now 21mb instead of clean 18mb, which seems like would just keep accumulating. (done in admin mode)

As usual I forgot to reset window positions when creating a new patch :)

I'll sort it out for v7.01

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
Those are all your asteroids....  I wonder if that last minute change to that double appearing asteroid caused this somehow?
The - might possibly cause the database to zero the coordinates and reverse the orbit of all bodies maybe?

It won't be that as I just changed the name of a single asteroid. Somehow it looks like all the system bodies got 'randomised' to a single bearing. Very odd.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 07:55:36 PM »
Just started a fresh game with the blank database, selected Automatic sensor updates and hit 5 seconds, then was assaulted with
"Error in UpdateAllSensorsAuto"
Error 91, object variable or with block variable not set.
However I recycled a folder containing my old game which may have screwed something, I'll try again with a completely fresh install.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »
I've changed the blank database in the install post to a database with a brand new game.

Aurora can get a little temperamental if you have a blank DB and skip the game setup so its easier to have a brand new game. I ran a couple of 5-days first to ensure the weird asteroids lining up problems wasn't present.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 08:37:36 PM »
I'm still getting the Automatic sensor bug.
Completely fresh install, ran the installer, then installed the contents of the 5.54 patch, then the 7.0 patch, then the fresh database.
Upon selecting Automatic updates and saving, then running a 5 second update I got "
error in UpdateAllSensorsAuto
Error 3061
Too few parameters. Expected 1.
Followed by the continuous error 91's as above.
I thought maybe it was because the fresh game database actually had no NPR's or systems but earth, so I added one using "Add extra NPR" and still got the error after I confirmed that a new system had been generated and contained an NPR.

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
Thank you very much :)

Another small thing. not sure if it's wanted or not, but on the select game screen, as I start up aurora, the options do not stick. Say I choose automatic detection when player not in system. On next startup, it will have reverted back to default option. Small thing and perhaps wanted, thought I'd mention it though.
Obvious question: Did you remember to hit the Save button?

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 01:47:21 AM »
Obvious question: Did you remember to hit the Save button?

I'm not that far gone XD

Maybe it has something to do with permissions or such. I tried it running Aurora in admin mode now and it works, which should not happen considering I installed it not in a system protected folder.

Ah well, disregard that report anyway, since it works now. I'll just run as admin Aurora from now on...

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
I'm still getting the Automatic sensor bug.
Completely fresh install, ran the installer, then installed the contents of the 5.54 patch, then the 7.0 patch, then the fresh database.
Upon selecting Automatic updates and saving, then running a 5 second update I got "Followed by the continuous error 91's as above.
I thought maybe it was because the fresh game database actually had no NPR's or systems but earth, so I added one using "Add extra NPR" and still got the error after I confirmed that a new system had been generated and contained an NPR.

Definitely sounds like a bug. This is the least tested area so I was expecting some issues. I should get chance to take a look later today.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
Admin mode did not solve the issue for me. Forgot to mention that. I had to manually delete races before I could delete the game. No idea why though.

Here's the link for the solution the first time this came up: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=3331.msg32019;topicseen#msg32019

As you can see, it's basically "delete all the player races from SM mode".  Are you saying this *DID* or *DID NOT* work for you?  (It sounds like you're saying "DID", but I'm double-checking.)

Weird part is I had *NO* recollection that I'd run into the error before, or of having checked the registry at the time.  Ah, the joys of cognitive decline!

John

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug per say but here goes anyway. Loaded some colonists from a neutral nation and tried to unload them in the same system (which we can't do and I forgot), I don't currently have the capability of extra solar colonies so when that failed I tried to unload them back into their nation, which you can't do because its a different empire. So I tried to unload them on my main colony, which you can't do because of the above reason. Had to delete the ships and SM replacements because I couldn't unload the colonists.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can Jettison human cargo just fine if you can stomach that sort of thing :p