Author Topic: Leader & Start up questions  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Xelanthol (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
Leader & Start up questions
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »
Hey, i'm sure many of you veterans have seen and heard this sort of shpeel before, I used the search function and couldn't quite get what I was looking for.

I've read all the tutorials, and I have a decent idea of how to run the basics of the game but there is so much more I don't know.  The tutorials don't go into leader assignment and maybe a bit of guidelines on what to do after you finish your two geosurvey and two gravsurvey ships would be nice.  The most I can do right now is set up another colony and terraform it and build up on it, but certain things like turret fire controls and targetting and that is a bit hazy.

If someone could summarize up leaders and where to use/manipulate them that would help me a lot, and if someone has links to more tutorials concerning more aspects of the game it would be fantastic.  Second time i'm trying to pick up Aurora (Bit bored of Dwarf Fortress!), and my biggest hurdle is not finding any written help on what certain things mean.

Thanks guys!

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
Re: Leader & Start up questions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
There is a thread with video tutorials, but it's not updating very regularly.

If by leaders, you mean leaders of the planets, then you go to the officers window, and in the middle left, there is a list of officers. Directly above that, there is a drop down menu. Click on Civilian Administrators, and there will be a list of leaders you can elect. When you select one, you can see what they affect in the top right corner. One might improve Terra-forming by 20% and Mining by 10%, for example. Directly to the right of the list of people, there will be a list of colonies. Choose a colony you want to assign the administrator to, then click assign, which is down at the bottom. Make sure that the administrator's level is equal to or higher than the level of the colony.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
One tip for planetary governors is to research the needed tech and build a Sector Command as soon as possible, then assign a good administrator to it... since the Sector Commander can add part of his own bonus to that of each planetary governor in his sector.

Offline Xelanthol (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
Fantastic! Thank you both, and yeah once the tutorials are done you are kind of flailing about.  Okay so another question-Does the sector commander provide some of his bonus on TOP of the assigned governors for the colony? IIRC The sector administrator provides 1/4 of his bonus, but is it on top of normal administrators?

Thanks again.

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »
Yes it is on top of normal administrators. I don't know if it multiplies, or just adds like, it does 1.15 x 1.05 or 1.15 + 1.05, as an example. But either way, it stacks.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:50:41 PM »
Yes it is on top of normal administrators. I don't know if it multiplies, or just adds like, it does 1.15 x 1.05 or 1.15 + 1.05, as an example. But either way, it stacks.

It's multiplicative. I just checked, in-game.

An Earth Governor with +30% mining plus (1/4 of) a Sector Governor with +20% Mining gives a total modifier of +36.5%.

That's 1.30 x 1.05 = 1.365

The Sector Commander applies 1/4 of his bonus multiplicative to the Planetary Governor's bonus.