Author Topic: Civilian fleets aren't doing their jobs  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Civilian fleets aren't doing their jobs
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:49:54 PM »
My mighty space empire has been having so many problems with civilians, only some of which are deliberate.

My fleets aren't hauling my orders. I have many many automines and mass divers waiting for delivery. The origin of all installations is sol, but the destinations are many. All are within 5 jumps, clearing orders hasn't worked, and the problem is recent because I've done this many times before.

What can I do?
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Civilian fleets aren't doing their jobs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »
I should add that they are still flying around shipping precious metals and wines and stuff...just not my hardware.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline DuraniumCowboy

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
I am seeing the same thing.  Myself, I just started using my own freighters again, not elegant, but I had about 10 freighters that I keep around, so getting them to start running automines wasn't a big deal for me.

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:29:19 PM »
I had this problem once. In my case it was caused by having contracts created for things I didn't have. The civilians kept trying to go to Earth and pick up non-existent mass drivers. Once I removed the bad source contract, the civilians started acting "normal" again.

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:48:51 PM »
I have a related problem, maybe its a bug or I'm doing something wrong.   I created a low g modified race of humans with gene centers on earth, and made colonies for that race type, but none of the civilian colony ships will bring them from earth to the new colonies, and yes I have the earth population (some 200 million of them now) set as a source of colonists.   I really don't want to have to make my own colony ships for this.