Author Topic: Hello, and question about deleting colonies.  (Read 1247 times)

Offline QuantumTitan (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Q
Hello, and question about deleting colonies.
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »
Hello all,

Couldn't find an introductory category, so this is my introduction post. . .  Hi!  Let me just say it is unimaginable that this was created by one man! Thank you Steve for this awesome game! Where is the donate button lol?? 

Anyways, I'm about 38 years into my first game.  Im playing v5. 54 because I thought that was the most up to date.  I'll upgrade to v6. 40 once I finish playing out my inevitable doom.   

My one question is how does one go about deleting colonies? In the system map I dont see the option.  Just "new colony" and "delete system" and I dont think I want to do the latter. . .

I found this game by looking into a mod for Kerbal Space Program that uses n-body physics.  No idea how that happened.  It's like El Dorado! Such an amazing game and hardly anyone knows about it!

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
Re: Hello, and question about deleting colonies.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
Hello QuantumTitan,

To delete colony, you should press "Abandon" button in Population and Production window.
You'll have to confirm your decision twice. After that, your colony will be deleted, along with anything you had on it.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 12:23:24 AM »
Make sure you cancel any task groups that might be travelling to that colony before you delete it, I think you'll run into annoying error messages if you delete a colony that's got something going to it.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline QuantumTitan (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Q
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  That'll help me reduce my already cluttered empire :)