VB6 Aurora > Installation

v7.10 Patch

(1/6) > >>

Steve Walmsley:
This is primarily a bug-fix patch for 7.00, although there are some new features as well. It should be fairly stable (famous last words!) but as usual give it a few days before starting any major campaigns. I suspect the independence option may be a source of some bugs, given all the possible ramifications involved, so backup before using it.

Important! This is a database patch so if you upgrade you will lose your saved game. Don't upgrade if you want to keep playing the same campaign.

This patch can only be applied to version 4.2 or later. To apply the patch, unzip the patch file and copy the files as follow:

1) Stevefire.mdb and Aurora.exe into the installation directory, overwriting the existing files with the same names
2) a11.jpg, b20.jpg and M24.jpg into the Planetjpeg sub-directory (if you don't already have them)
3) flag0390.jpg and flag0391.jpg into the Flags sub-directory (if you don't already have them)
4) race350.bmp into the Races sub-directory (if you don't already have it)

Aurora710.zip (9Mb)

Patch notes are at: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8130.0

This database in this patch contains a brand new game. No technology or ships have been created. To start a new game, delete this one. My current game is so large now that it is not really suitable for the download.

Steve

Mor:
Updated the download and install page on the wiki.

If you spot any mistakes, omissions, or can simplify\expand anything, either point it out or just click the edit button and DYI ;)

zokrr:
I have a question, why don't you maintain the file structure for the patch, so that people can just extract the patch into the their aurora and be done with it instead of needing to open every single folder to copy the files into them?

Garfunkel:

--- Quote from: zokrr on December 31, 2015, 03:23:00 PM ---I have a question, why don't you maintain the file structure for the patch, so that people can just extract the patch into the their aurora and be done with it instead of needing to open every single folder to copy the files into them?

--- End quote ---
But you don't need to do that? If you've already installed a patch before, you only need the .exe and the .db files.Or am I misunderstanding you?

zokrr:

--- Quote from: Garfunkel link=topic=8143. msg84168#msg84168 date=1451612261 ---But you don't need to do that? If you've already installed a patch before, you only need the . exe and the . db files. Or am I misunderstanding you?

--- End quote ---
Okay, so some clarification, this my first time ever downloading this game and patch for  it, so i did not know that these files were included already in multiple patches before, i just assumed that any content included in a patch is part of the patch itself and not content from some older patch.  Which then brings me to a different point why is the full install version offered version 5. 54 and not a version already containing this older content, which apparently has been offered as part of a patch for multiple versions.  And still besides that who would it hurt if the file architecture would be maintained for patches?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version