Author Topic: Mines and MIRV's  (Read 2763 times)

Offline backstab (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • b
Mines and MIRV's
« on: September 11, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »
Can someone kindly give me a step by step guide on how to make Mines and MIRV missiles ... Thanks
Move foward and draw fire

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Mines and MIRV's
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:01:56 AM »
What you need for a mine is a buoy with passive sensors and a second stage missile(s), so no engines or fuel or warhead needed. A MIRV works in a similar fashion in that it deploys a secondary stage of missiles when it gets into a range (set by the thousands of km [150 in that box is 150,000km]), except with this one, because it is a missile in itself it would be a good idea to include a warhead. I don't have any missiles designed right now so I can't show exactly how they are made.

So lets start with a mine. Open your missile design window and remove everything in the design. Add a second stage missile(s) to it and set the range so it covers the range of the second stage. Add passive sensors that give a larger range than your second stage (so you can see your enemies before you fire). That's about it.

Now the MIRV. Design a missile that is mostly fuel and engines. Now add a second stage missile(s) to it and set the range so it covers the range of the second stage. The firing of those will be controlled by the ship that fired the MIRV. And that is a basic MIRV done.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:08:16 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Mines and MIRV's
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 09:12:31 AM »
One more thing:  Design the payload missile first, so that it will be available when you're designing the bus.

John