Author Topic: 4.1 Bugs  (Read 10269 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
4.1 Bugs
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:02:31 PM »
First error found :)

When a wreck is salvaged, the message re the minerals salvaged does not display correctly. Fixed.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 4.1 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »
And a second - the size of minerals has not been updated so they take the same space as before in cargo holds. I have reduced their size to take account of the larger holds. Both this and the first bug only require a new exe, not a database update.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »
I have modified the v4.1 patch so the above bugs are fixed

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 07:42:35 PM »
Created and started a new game, went to System Map and checked 'Show Events' and it has hung with the egg timer :(

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »
Deleted all the games and it brought up the Create New Game screen. Went through and selected everything and then hit Create, got the following:

Error in RenameBody
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'RaceMapDisplay'.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
Deleted all the games and it brought up the Create New Game screen. Went through and selected everything and then hit Create, got the following:

Error in RenameBody
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'RaceMapDisplay'.
Interesting. I ran several game starts without a problem but I don't think I ever deleted all the other games first. I'll have to try that. Have you tried creating a game while the existing game was still in the database?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »
Created and started a new game, went to System Map and checked 'Show Events' and it has hung with the egg timer :)

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Created and started a new game, went to System Map and checked 'Show Events' and it has hung with the egg timer :)
I have tested it and it is showing the egg timer but it hasn't hung. Once you do something else, it reverts to normal. Fixed for the next version.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »

Error in RenameBody
Interesting. I ran several game starts without a problem but I don't think I ever deleted all the other games first. I'll have to try that. Have you tried creating a game while the existing game was still in the database?

Steve

Yeah, it works grand if the original game is still there. I just like being awkward is all  :wink:

And the egg timer thing was as you said, I checked out task manager and it wasn't hung so I close the system map window down and reopened it again, there was no noticeable issues.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 08:19:09 PM »
You are going to hate me!

I created a new game, but then noticed it wasn't what I preferred so deleted it and then went in and created another one.

All I changed from the default settings was game name, empire name, main empire theme, commander theme, and unchecked 'assign starting tech points automatically'

Error in CreateShippingLine
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
No Current record.

Had to click through a few of them.

I restored the v4.1 DB and tried it again and it worked fine. Maybe something to do with the DB cleanup when deleting a game?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 08:47:56 PM »

Error in RenameBody

Steve

Yeah, it works grand if the original game is still there. I just like being awkward is all  :wink:
It just happened for me when creating an extra Empire for a new game (with a second game already in the DB) but I haven't figured out why yet.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »
You are going to hate me!
Not at all. This was the whole reason for releasing the game before I had completed testing. With several people looking, the bugs get found much faster.

I created a new game, but then noticed it wasn't what I preferred so deleted it and then went in and created another one.

All I changed from the default settings was game name, empire name, main empire theme, commander theme, and unchecked 'assign starting tech points automatically'

Error in CreateShippingLine
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
No Current record.

Had to click through a few of them.

I restored the v4.1 DB and tried it again and it worked fine. Maybe something to do with the DB cleanup when deleting a game?
It is something to do with the new method of creating games where you select everything up front. I think something is being left over from previous game/empire creations and causing problems for the next one. I'll need to track it down.

Steve

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »
Hate to give you such a list already but,

My theme is Terran federation and every time I discover a new system I get this:

Error in GetSystemThemeName
Error 3077 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Syntax error (missing operator) in expression.

Next these appear sometimes
Error in SetupPirates
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Missiles'.
These can appear several times in one new system or just once.

Error in CheckCommStatus
Error 3020 was generated by DAO.Field
Update or CancelUpdate withour AddNew or Edit
This is coming from an 'alien race refuses to communicate'.
There seems like there is no way to stop once the Initiate communications button is pressed.

Also ships under overhaul can leave the planet without leaving overhaul.
I got some warning about survey ships not being able to carry out their special orders in Sol.  Before this only occurred after overhaul was done.
I ordered them away and was surprised to discover that they still had overhauling listed on the ship when the fleet was not in Sol.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »
It just happened for me when creating an extra Empire for a new game (with a second game already in the DB) but I haven't figured out why yet.
Found it! I am passing the ID of the new race to the Rename Body function for the homeworld but then using the current default RaceID within the function. Which means if the last default race doesn't exist, you get the error. Fixed now but it will occur occasionally until I get an updated exe out. It has no real game effect except the homeworld might not have the right name

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
Quote from: "rdgam"
Hate to give you such a list already but,

My theme is Terran federation and every time I discover a new system I get this:

Error in GetSystemThemeName
Error 3077 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Syntax error (missing operator) in expression.
This sounds like it is caused by an aopstrophe in one of the system names. I checked the Federation theme and found two possibles. If you know how, go into the database and remove the apostrophes from Huck's Star and Prescott's Star. Alternatively, select a different theme.

Next these appear sometimes
Error in SetupPirates
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Missiles'.
These can appear several times in one new system or just once.
Firstly, do you have Precursors switched on in your game, or have you switched them on and off at any point. I have precusors in my test game and they are appearing without any problem so you must have chosen some option or combination of options I haven't tried yet. To recreate the bug I will need to figure out what is different.

Error in CheckCommStatus
Error 3020 was generated by DAO.Field
Update or CancelUpdate withour AddNew or Edit
This is coming from an 'alien race refuses to communicate'.
There seems like there is no way to stop once the Initiate communications button is pressed.
Found that one - it will only appear for that particular comm result, which unfortunately I didn't get in my test game. There is no effect apart from the popup error. However, if you want to stop it, you will have to find the appropriate AlienRace record (it will be the one with the name you have given those aliens) and set the CommStatus to 0. I'll be putting out a new exe, probably tomorrow, which will fix it.

Also ships under overhaul can leave the planet without leaving overhaul.
I got some warning about survey ships not being able to carry out their special orders in Sol.  Before this only occurred after overhaul was done.
I ordered them away and was surprised to discover that they still had overhauling listed on the ship when the fleet was not in Sol.
Hmm - interesting. The program shouldn't even load the orders into memory if the ship is in overhaul - I'll give this a try.

Steve